Amazon Appstore doesn't work on HTC One

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting pop ups to update from the amazon app store. Anyone know if they fixed it yet?

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the HTC One but I am following the threads as I might possibly be purchasing one. Anyway, on my Galaxy S3 I just opened the Amazon App Store and received a notification there was an update. There was no change log so I am not sure if it fixes the issue for the One and other high resolution phones or not but I wanted to let you all know an update was just released. Maybe someone can give it a try and see if it fixes the issue now. Of course it might be good to have an old .apk just in case it does not.

steffej3

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that the app now works on the One. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366943471168.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366943471168.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 85

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
On AT&T and I just installed it. Downloaded the latest version from Amazon.
What error does it give you?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I can download it fine, but it won't install. I tap on the download complete notification, but the Install button on the next screen is absolutely non-responsive. The Cancel button does respond. I went through the download/attempted install process numerous times. Yes, I have given permission for installation of "unknown" apps under Security settings. I wish I did get an error message, but nothin'! I'm wondering about some weird software conflict.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure on that. All I can offer is obvious solution of making sure that you reboot and try again. Sorry but I have never seen that before.

Posted via Android Central App

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
One question. It sounds obvious, but I wonder if the apps installed with the Amazon App Store will get updated from it as well. Does it use much battery? I'm thinking of installing it just to get the free apps of the day :)

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
One question. It sounds obvious, but I wonder if the apps installed with the Amazon App Store will get updated from it as well. Does it use much battery? I'm thinking of installing it just to get the free apps of the day :)

Yes they receive updates from the amazon app store.
I haven't noticed a bigger drain on my battery. I know it drains some but nothing that alarmed me.
And yes it is very much worth it for the free apps. They do give away a lot of crap apps, but there are still plenty of good ones mixed in.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It works but its slower than hell and sometimes it likes to force close. Then again it does it a lot of my devices. For that reason I ONLY get the free app of the day when I want it and I only buy from the Play store. But I love Amazon as a company though! Lets hope it will become more stable. On my friends Kindle it works like a champ!

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes they receive updates from the amazon app store.
I haven't noticed a bigger drain on my battery. I know it drains some but nothing that alarmed me.
And yes it is very much worth it for the free apps. They do give away a lot of crap apps, but there are still plenty of good ones mixed in.

Thanks. I will try it.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Easy fix for the grayed out install button..it is NOT an amazon app issue. You installed something that created an overlay on your screen itself which is preventing you from installing anything 3rd party or from Amazon . Things like an app called Lux and Screen Filter can do it (which do something with your screen brightness I think it is) . Check all your apps for anything that states something along the lines of creating an overlay, and remove said app, and your installs will work fine.

I had this happen to me when I used an app that kept my buttons lit up when the phone screen was on. Removed that, and cleared up my issue.

Amazon has been working for me since I got my One 2 months ago, never an issue (well except mentioned above but that was another app causing the problem)

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Your comments led me to the solution - I had twilight installed. Once I disabled it I could then click the install button. Simple fix.

Easy fix for the grayed out install button..it is NOT an amazon app issue. You installed something that created an overlay on your screen itself which is preventing you from installing anything 3rd party or from Amazon . Things like an app called Lux and Screen Filter can do it (which do something with your screen brightness I think it is) . Check all your apps for anything that states something along the lines of creating an overlay, and remove said app, and your installs will work fine.

I had this happen to me when I used an app that kept my buttons lit up when the phone screen was on. Removed that, and cleared up my issue.

Amazon has been working for me since I got my One 2 months ago, never an issue (well except mentioned above but that was another app causing the problem)