S22 Ultra s-pen replacement

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
if i have the US S22 ultra (snapdragon), the s-pen international version will not work. that seems weird, doesn't it?

That does seem weird... I suspect that these two are actually identical and either will work with either model. Anyone care to test the hypothesis and shell out the $40?

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
i am getting two diff versions for my S22 Ultra (snagdragon - bought directly from samsung)
- international version (green) from amazon
- US version (burgundy) from samsung

i will test them out and report back when i have them.

on a lighter note, i only got my S22 ultra since 5/9/2022, already i noticed a minor frayed of the S-pen under a magnifying glass under normal usage. too bad samsung stops providing extra tips for the S22 ultra as they did for the note8/9

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
on a side note, the s pen from my old at&t note 10+ works in my phantom black s22u. i thought about switching it because its blue, but i like the how the phantom black s22u pen is a matte finish and has better grip

Last edited:

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
You get two extra tips. One black, one white. Plus a pull tool View attachment 345274

hi again,

i got the green international version from amazon today. i enabled 'allow multiple S pens', yet certain things are not working. i gather i do not need to configure the second s-pen because i expect it to work exactly like the one in the slot.

so there must be something about the international version of the S-pen that does not work with my phone i ordered directly from samsung USA.

** do not work
1. gallery - single & double press does not go to next item/previous item
2. camera - single press it does not take a picture
3. samsung note - single press does not go to next favorite pen
4. single press does not unlock phone from sleep mode

** work
1. hold button and double tap opens the note
2. single press on any screen opens the air command menu

i confirmed there are one white and one black tips inside the box. for the record, if you use a magnifying glass, you will notice the white and black tips are not the same - white is smooth and the black is like a brush of a sort.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
hi again,

i got the green international version from amazon today. i enabled 'allow multiple S pens', yet certain things are not working. i gather i do not need to configure the second s-pen because i expect it to work exactly like the one in the slot.

so there must be something about the international version of the S-pen that does not work with my phone i ordered directly from samsung USA.

** do not work
1. gallery - single & double press does not go to next item/previous item
2. camera - single press it does not take a picture
3. samsung note - single press does not go to next favorite pen
4. single press does not unlock phone from sleep mode

** work
1. hold button and double tap opens the note
2. single press on any screen opens the air command menu

i confirmed there are one white and one black tips inside the box. for the record, if you use a magnifying glass, you will notice the white and black tips are not the same - white is smooth and the black is like a brush of a sort.
Thanks for testing this out , strange some features worked and some not , you would think it wouldn't work at all if something different.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Everything works the same? I've thought about getting a larger S-pen (I wasn't sure if there was one). I don't use tyhe pen much, but I'd prefer a larger version for better grip when I'm not out and about.
I played with it a little bit , let me check when i get home later to verify again

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Everything works the same? I've thought about getting a larger S-pen (I wasn't sure if there was one). I don't use tyhe pen much, but I'd prefer a larger version for better grip when I'm not out and about.
It doesn't do Bluetooth actions like flip the camera or take screen shot but rest work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred