S22 Ultra s-pen replacement

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

It probably wasn't worth it for me to buy a Fold S pen, given how much I use the pen. So, the pro even more so.

I just figured I'd like a bigger version when I do use it and since that would probably be at home and not out and about, it not fitting in the phone wasn't a big deal. The S22 Ultra S pen is just too skinny ergonomically for me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It probably wasn't worth it for me to buy a Fold S pen, given how much I use the pen. So, the pro even more so.

I just figured I'd like a bigger version when I do use it and since that would probably be at home and not out and about, it not fitting in the phone wasn't a big deal. The S22 Ultra S pen is just too skinny ergonomically for me.
It does feel better the bigger Spen that my fold³ came with but to purchase the Spen pro for 99.00 no thanks lol

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Did you pair the new S pen with the phone. I wouldn't expect the Bluetooth features to work unless it is paired.

Why does no one answer the most important question asked?

Every S Pen will work on every S Pen supported device for writing, screen hover, pressure sensitivity, etc as it's all the same technology.

Since the Note 9 the pens began to use Bluetooth for additional features which prevents the pens that don't connect via Bluetooth from using all features.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Did you pair the new S pen with the phone. I wouldn't expect the Bluetooth features to work unless it is paired.

i don't believe you need to pair the 2nd S-pen per se. just enable 'allow multiple S pens' is good enough, no? besides, how do you even pair the S-pen?

can anyone confirm no pairing is needed to use the 2nd S-pen?

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I would think you need to pair to use Bluetooth features. Non-bluetooth features should just work if you allow multiple S-pens

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I did a test and switched my S Pens from a couple if my S22U's. Once I placed the switched S Pen into the silo w/in 5 minutes the phone adopted it as its own. When I switched them back the phones re-recognized them just a quickly if not quicker. ...if I explained that clearly.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
That's what I was thinking needed to happen. Seems like common sense to me to put it in the silo to pair.

Just like how sometimes the S-pen will tell you it is no longer connected and you need to insert it to pair...

I think I have had to re-pair the S-pen on my tablet, but I don't recall how that was done.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Samsung sold the s pen separately as it had no physical slot for it. I tried using it on the S22 ultra and it didn't work.

can you provide a picture of your s-pen for your s21 ultra (s-pen or s-pen pro)? from what i understand from others, the s-pen (one that fits in the slot) should work with note9, note10, note20 and S22. so are you not able to use the air command or something else?

perhaps other members can verify if the S21 ultra s-pen works with s22 ultra or not.

if you watch this video, it mentions the S-pen for the s21 ultra is not bluetooth enabled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yWZKUDHuKc

Last edited:

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
i got my new s-pen from samsung today.

i put the new s-pen in the slot to make sure it's connected and is 100% charged. i put the original s-pen in the slot and use the new s-pen and it works fine.

however, when i put the new s-pen back into the slot and use my original s-pen, it does not work. my understanding is once i enabled 'allow multiple s pens' both s-pen should work.

this is quite odd that i can only get one s-pen to work with air commend at a time, but not both. if that is the case, why do we have the option to enable 'allow multiple s-pens'?? i now wonder if only one s-pen can use air command, while the other one can do anything else except air command.

anyone got a second s-pen and can confirm this??

Last edited:

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Samsung sold the s pen separately as it had no physical slot for it. I tried using it on the S22 ultra and it didn't work.

OK the s pen I had with my s21 ultra does work with the s22 ultra. I just had to enable the use s pen not stored on device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali