Car Charging - Help Please

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I am using Nav Free in the car for Navigation and am finding the battery is draining fasting than its charging.

I recently brought this charger from Amazon (UK) and found it still drains quicker than it charges. http://www.amazon.co.uk/PowerGen-Po...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2854600

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

Welcome to Android Central.
Gps + data + the screen being on are very battery intensive so it will drain faster than it charges. The best you can do is to leave the screen either off or at lowest brightness while using nav.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I am using Nav Free in the car for Navigation and am finding the battery is draining fasting than its charging.

I recently brought this charger from Amazon (UK) and found it still drains quicker than it charges. PowerGen Power-U Dual USB 2.4A 12W (fast) Heavy Duty Ouput Car Charger for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5 iPhone 4 4s 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch and Android Devices (cable NOT included) - White: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

In the Settings menu click battery and look at the graph above it should say ##% - Charging (AC) or (USB). Which does it say AC or USB? If it says USB you are using a regular USB data cable. To get the maximum current you need to use a "charge only" USB cable where the data pins are shorted. When you do it should say Charging (AC). This is an example:

Amazon.com: Mediabridge USB Charging Cable - (6 Feet) - USB-A Male to Micro-B Charging Cable: Computers & Accessories

Warning though, sometimes even vendors get mixed up. I've ordered some charge only cables that then turned out to be conventional data cables. You won't know for sure until you plug it into your car adapter and it says Charging (AC)

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I just experienced this on my last trip in the UK. Had to keep my screen off.

However, I would look at the cigarette lighter adapter you have. I found out mine was a 500mA adapter. The HTC One can take a current up to 1Amp, I believe. I'm about to an adapter that supports up to 2.1A even though the One limits to 1A. Will see how this goes. Did you also notice how hot it gets?

Edit: Woops. Missed your link on the adapter you got. Looks like it won't help me either. Will check in to the cable.