Slow wireless charging

Nov 14, 2018
Visit site
I have a faulty USB-C on my S20+ which needs to go in for repair when I get the chance (when I have some time off work and won't need the phone as much) because the charging socket will no longer take the plug.

So I need to charge the phone wirelessly.

I bought this charger (see link) so I could charge it quickly:

LINK

However, when the phone is sat on the wireless charger the fast wireless charging notification is greyed out (see image)

Screenshot_20200908-192549_Device care.jpg

It is charging a bit faster than the old standard grey wireless charger pad, but how can I get it to work at the maximum charge speed?

I also noticed too a message saying fast charging paused?

Paul.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is normal. Once Wireless Fast Charging has been initiated, you cannot disable it. HOWEVER, to make sure your phone IS, indeed, charging fast, you should see the 'Fast Wireless Charging' indicator when you pull down the notification shade and see Charging information.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do remember that 'Fast' wireless charging is pretty much equal to regular wired charging (a tad faster). But if you want true fast charging you need to use a wired charger.

Nov 14, 2018
Visit site
Do remember that 'Fast' wireless charging is pretty much equal to regular wired charging (a tad faster). But if you want true fast charging you need to use a wired charger.

Yeah, wired is my usual way of course like most of us.

I'm a bit miffed though that after just 4 months the so called more reliable USB-C has broken. Not what I expect from a flagship build phone.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Only use Charger comes with phone just FYI. I was notorious for but 3rd party cords and charging bricks and even wireless chargers. Phone always overheating and cords weren't the best quality.

I know Samsung pricing is something to be considered but they do last. And I know that's not original OP's issue but food for thought anyway.

sinretech

Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
Actually, there are several factors that matter with the wireless charging speed.
First, your mobile phone should support fast wireless charging. Actually, there are some mobile phones only support 5w normal speed wireless charging, as your phone is S20, which is fast wireless charger, so , please ignore this factor;
second, the charging adaptor should support fast charge, let's to say, should support 9v or above, so, please select the qc2.0 or qc3.0 charging adaptor, or PD adaptors, which all support fast charging;
Third, the charging cable should be at least 2A in currency;
Four, the wireless charger that you bought should be fast wireless charger, which to say, should support 10w wireless charging.
I checked with the link that you attached, it is samsung official wireless charging pad, so, this is ok;

To summary, i think you should check your adaptor if you are using the official samsung wireless charger and cable. please don't use a 5w adaptor, such as the official iphone charging adaptor!

Hope these steps will help you solve the proble,.
have a nice day!