HTC Account Sync not working....

markfireblade97

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much as the title... In Accounts & Sync, in HTC Account "Sync is OFF" is shown in grey, as is "Sync Now" in the menu. Sync symbol is also greyed out and does not function.
Any ideas anyone?

Cheers
Mark

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
What ROM are you running? Do you have any battery saving third party application that may disable syncing in general?

According to this thread, there's an application called "Power Control Widget" which disabled syncing, so it may be a similar case with yours.

markfireblade97

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The phone is standard issue EE, but unlocked from the network. Email, news, weather etc syncs ok, it's just the "HTC Account" bit that doesn't.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
How in the world is a greyed out Sync setting normal? lol

Because it's not meant to sync anything online, just hold information on the phone, such as on-phone contacts (something Nexus can't do for example), and an easy way to implement that was to have an HTC account on the phone.

Sent from my HTL22

justinlee

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Actually Patrixl is right it is normal! The reason why HTC Account is greyed out and cannot be synced is because it is a backup account. I.e. it will only sync when you are restoring a backup. It would not make sense for it to be syncing all the time. Also, it has nothing to do with the Power Toggles app.

If everyone who has a HTC One is experiencing the same thing do you not think there is a reason for that?!

getphucked2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunatly I have now had to reset my HTC 0ne due to shoebox error :-/ HTC back up / sync was not possible nor a back up per HTC Sync on laptop !! TRied recovering / Backup niether Laptop not HTC one have nor had a file per back up now alot of contacts as well as apps are / have not been reinstalled . I will not even start with conversations / messages all are gone with Kurt Cobain in the great Nirvana !!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Bumping this up.
So from what I get it's normal to be greyed out?
However is it normal under accounts to have HTC Account as Sync Off and not be able to toggle it?
I can only manually backup and that with having to re-authorize Dropbox account each time.
Anyone know what is wrong?

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed this when looking in the options of the phone because the HTC Backup functionality is not working well. I did a manual backup to Dropbox but the app shows that there isn't a "last backup". When choosing the account to backup to, most of the time it just keeps stuck on loading. When it works, I choose Dropbox and I re-authorize it but the scheduled backups don't start.

This happened after the KitKat update. With 4.3, it was working reliably.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed this when looking in the options of the phone because the HTC Backup functionality is not working well. I did a manual backup to Dropbox but the app shows that there isn't a "last backup". When choosing the account to backup to, most of the time it just keeps stuck on loading. When it works, I choose Dropbox and I re-authorize it but the scheduled backups don't start.

This happened after the KitKat update. With 4.3, it was working reliably.

I have exactly the same problem.
Any solutions?

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I haven't found one yet. Right now I just make a manual backup every few days by tapping the option. I'm also thinking of changing the account to Google even if it doesn't backup your app data.

If someone has a solution, it would be great.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Did someone found a solution to this problem?

I found this link, but it didn't work for me.
How to solve "Restore from HTC backup" greyed out problem ?

I believe the problem is with the HTC account.

Under Settings-Accounts, when I go to HTC Account it says SYNC OFF.
If I go to Settings-Backup&Reset, the Restore from HTC backup is greyed out (I don't remember if this is normal)
But if I go to Back up now, it takes a lot of time and it eventually fails. Then I try it again and it acts like it's the first time (prompting me to choose between Google Drive and Dropbox). After I choose Dropbox it asks me to create a folder (the folder exists since I got the phone many months ago) and then the backup finishes.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
In my case after the backup finishes nothing gets uploaded to Drop box. I even tried Google Drive as destination but the same happens.

It's a shame this feature is broken because it worked really well before.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I rebooted my phone and after starting, I was prompted to make a backup. I choose Dropbox and the backup began. This time, files were uploaded and after showing that the backup was done, the "last backup" section showed yesterday's date.

It appears it's working now, but I will check on today and tomorrow and see if the schedule backup works too. Weird that this is happening...

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I rebooted my phone and after starting, I was prompted to make a backup. I choose Dropbox and the backup began. This time, files were uploaded and after showing that the backup was done, the "last backup" section showed yesterday's date.

It appears it's working now, but I will check on today and tomorrow and see if the schedule backup works too. Weird that this is happening...

Ιn my case I could manually back-up but the automatic backups had a problem. Also, in Accounts should the HTC Account be saying "Sync is OFF"?
That's what I'm getting.

ajua are you on KitKat too?