HTC One Sync Manager Load iTunes music to phone?

New_2_Andriod

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi All:

I am new to smart phones - not new to the technology, but work requires me to use a Dumberry for security reasons and I did not until now see the reason/have the motivation to drag along another device. I have been using a 2nd Gen iPod touch for about three years and I love it. Its so small it can be in your pocket without noticing it, so slender, sexy almost, in its design, but also at three plus years, the processor is getting outdated, it's slowing down and Apple continues to make changes to their software that I dislike. It was for these reasons I started a search for a device outside the close Apple world to replace it. I wanted a decent camera, fast browser, mobile internet, and I thought, a big screen to maximize my viewing experience with the apps such as newspapers mags and online media. My search led me to the HTC One. It is a nice device, that has some really big problems. This is not the thread to list them all, but I do have one deal-breaker-sell-the-phone-on-ebay and run screaming into the nearest apple store to plunk down $600+ on an iPhone 5 question: How do I get it to Sync all the music from iTunes to the phone?

After several crashes and restarts, HTC Sync Manager finnally recognized my phone, and after a couple of more hangs it finally "Synced" all my music into the Sync manager, BUT NOT THE PHONE!!. So after spending more time pouring through online threads, horrid directions on the HTC Sync manager website, and ditzing around with the phone some more, the only thing I can come up with is that I can "click the small icon next to an album to transfer it to the phone." Though this works, this can not be right. I have hundreds (maybe thousands) of albums. I want them all to sync to the phone at once; I am not going to do that manually That means to me, I plug in phone, it looks for my music, address book, and any other thing that I select and Syncs (loads them onto the phone) them. No? Even my Dumberry from 2004 did this. There must be a way...Right?

What am I missing??

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

P.S. I have read a bunch of threads questioning why someone would want to Sync, why not just drag and drop, install some third part app, not use iTunes etc... While all these suggestion might acceptable to many, they are not to me. I want to plug in, and have my music both on my phone (really a phablet) and in iTunes, which in turn seamlessly syncs with a whole bunch of other stuff in my house and in the cloud and wife's phone etc. And, I suspect by looking around at the 100's of millions of iGadget users many others want the same. This is possible No?

Cheers,
New_To_HTC/Andriod

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i am also a former blackberry user, apple computer(s) owner, and new htc one convert. i tried using the device's sync manager as well. it's awful. i quickly disposed of it and have been using 'isyncr' and 'android file transfer'. i should point out, however, that i have far too much music to put on my phone (approx 130GB) and am only adding individual tracks and an occasional album. i hope this helps. ultimately this brings on the bigger debate of whether or not you really are ready to leave the 'close (sic) apple world'. androids do require a little extra effort to enjoy all of their capabilities. cheers.

New_2_Andriod

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all for the advice, I went and bought iSyncR - it seems to be working, simple and effective - but it looks like about half of the music I've bought over the years from iTunes won't sync because of DRM issues? Is this really true for all Android devices? That they won't sync music purchased from iTunes prior to a couple years ago when iTunes forced the industry to abandon the stupid scheme?

Thanks again for the support - If anyone from HTC reads these posts you should be ashamed and worried about the impact on your sales from the total piece of garbage sync software you have created. I am still somewhat amazed at the process it takes just to sync a music library. A warning for anyone who likes their music and is considering the move out of the Apple environment.

sjostromh

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much for recommending iSyncR -- for a mere $4, it did in a half hour what hadn't worked with all the HTC-Sync CRAP that I'd downloaded and spent HOURS messing with. It's working now! XXXXX, HNS