Sync itunes library to Android

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I used to use isyncr to sync my music from my itunes account. I just recently tried to use it and it won't work. Is there another app that I can use to accomplish this? Or another method. Any help is appreciated. I don't stream my music and I'm happier with local music

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Haven't used it a while, but they were referred to as the 'iTunes on Android' when they came out, so I'm assuming it's still a great option: AirSync and DoubleTwist.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Haven't used it a while, but they were referred to as the 'iTunes on Android' when they came out, so I'm assuming it's still a great option: AirSync and DoubleTwist.
I'll have to give those a go. Thank you very much for your response

Technerd71

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
Why don't you just install Apple music app? You can have all your music from iTunes on it. It works just like on an iphone.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Why don't you just install Apple music app? You can have all your music from iTunes on it. It works just like on an iphone.
I thought that was their streaming service. I'll try that too. It's able to sync itunes?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
It is their streaming service. Monthly fee, Canadian prices are high don't know about US.
I already have Spotify and I can import iTunes playlists with that. I think most streaming services will do it.
Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
It is their streaming service. Monthly fee, Canadian prices are high don't know about US.
I already have Spotify and I can import iTunes playlists with that. I think most streaming services will do it.
Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I guess I'm gonna have to get to my laptop and see what works best, see what connects to sync. I have a huge library and I'm not into paying a company to let me stream music.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm gonna have to get to my laptop and see what works best, see what connects to sync. I have a huge library and I'm not into paying a company to let me stream music.

Should you want to join the times and DO stream music without having to pay a monthly fee, remember that YouTube Music does let you 'upload' your library to the cloud and stream from there (most songs aren't actually downloaded, they're merely matched to existing copies and it only uploads files that don't match anything in their online library... Regardless, you get free, streaming access to your own library).

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Should you want to join the times and DO stream music without having to pay a monthly fee, remember that YouTube Music does let you 'upload' your library to the cloud and stream from there (most songs aren't actually downloaded, they're merely matched to existing copies and it only uploads files that don't match anything in their online library... Regardless, you get free, streaming access to your own library).
I don't like streaming because I don't like having to rely on the network to listen to music

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't like streaming because I don't like having to rely on the network to listen to music

Keep in mind that you can also download tracks or playlists using the YT Music app for offline listening. The downloads are only for use by the YT Music app (i.e., you won't be able to download the mp3 files for use by other apps), but it's still handy when you know you'll be somewhere without a good signal (or if you want to conserve your mobile data).

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I tried airsync. Bought it. Opened it and it said it was made for older versions of Android. Got a refund. So that method didn't work
So far I just dragged and dropped my music files directly to my phone. The reason I want to sync with itunes is because I have music I bought through itunes and I don't have it in my personal music library. There's a few albums that's I'm missing and I want it all

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Update. Emailed jrt studios for some tech support. I'll update this thread again when I hear from them. In whatever time fashion they want that is.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
This was their response.

The license file missing issue is typically only seen on USB when the MTP connection is failing. Most times this can be solved by syncing over WiFi at least once. The other reason this could happen is if the iSyncr desktop version you have installed is not the correct one for your computer OS.

They gave me a download link for the version they are recommending. I haven't had the time to try but I'll report back when I do.

Technerd71

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
Sorry for the late response. I am pretty sure that you can use Apple music without a subscription and sync your itunes library. You just don't have access to the streaming service. Otherwise it should work fine.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for the late response. I am pretty sure that you can use Apple music without a subscription and sync your itunes library. You just don't have access to the streaming service. Otherwise it should work fine.
Better late than never. Ok. I'll try the apple music route. Thanks for the suggestion

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
update: still having issues with iSyncr. emailed customer support again. Im getting an itunes communication error now

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

i downloaded apple music, navigated through the menus but have no idea where to go to sync my library. im just getting prompts to subscribe to apple music to listen to my playlist across all of my devices.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Update. Turns out that I needed a Windows update. Once Windows did it's dance and updated. Isyncr connected and I was able to sync my library. Lesson here... Make sure your PC is up to date. So isyncr still works

Reactions: B. Diddy

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Update. Turns out that I needed a Windows update. Once Windows did it's dance and updated. Isyncr connected and I was able to sync my library. Lesson here... Make sure your PC is up to date. So isyncr still works

I'm glad you got it sorted.

Reactions: sicario666

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana