I don't really want to sell my One for a Nexus 5, do I?

lunchbox88

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't really think I do, but there's a new shiny thing out there, and it's oh-so tempting.

I love my one (ATT 64GB). The purple camera issue has been an issue since the 4.3 update (it wasn't before then), but that's all I can really complain about.

I'm sure I won't make the move, but sometimes I just need to voice my thoughts out loud...or in writing.

For those that have made the move, what are your thoughts? I'm not looking for people to knock the One, or the Nexus. Just real impressions on using the two.

Thanks for reading.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't sell the One for a Nexus 5. I think you're just feeling that wat because the Nexus 5 is hot right now and is getting talked about. You have a great phone with 2x the storage of what you can get on a Nexus 5. You have a very very quick Snapdragon 600. Unless there's something about your phone you really don't like I wouldn't trade it for a Nexus 5. KitKat? It's nice but its not the end all be all. Don't let all the hype move you into a mistake though.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't sell the One for a Nexus 5. I think you're just feeling that wat because the Nexus 5 is hot right now and is getting talked about. You have a great phone with 2x the storage of what you can get on a Nexus 5. You have a very very quick Snapdragon 600. Unless there's something about your phone you really don't like I wouldn't trade it for a Nexus 5. KitKat? It's nice but its not the end all be all. Don't let all the hype move you into a mistake though.

its the hype talking.

some fell for it and now they come here trying to convince you their nexus is better than your htc one.

give it a couple of more months and they'll come to reason.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the htc one, nexus 5 & moto x. I spent four months on the one, then two months on the Moto x, and now on the n5. I switched to the one when the n5 was charging and I realized how much I missed it.

Nothing compares to the speakers on the one, nor the display. Its hands down the best media consumption device out there, IMO.

Personally I would not sell it. Goto best buy and play with the display. The n5 speaker is pretty poor. My biggest complaint about the device thus far.

The one is built Great and I really enjoy it. In the end its a personal decision, but I wouldn't if It were me. Just my 2cents.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't really think I do, but there's a new shiny thing out there, and it's oh-so tempting.

I love my one (ATT 64GB). The purple camera issue has been an issue since the 4.3 update (it wasn't before then), but that's all I can really complain about.

I'm sure I won't make the move, but sometimes I just need to voice my thoughts out loud...or in writing.

For those that have made the move, what are your thoughts? I'm not looking for people to knock the One, or the Nexus. Just real impressions on using the two.

Thanks for reading.

Having used both and currently having the N5, I would say stay with the ONE. That's not to say I don't love the N5, but to me it's more of a lateral move. You already have 64gb of internal storage which is very hard to get as well as superior speaker quality and a slightly better display. The great thing about the ONE is the Google play edition option. If you convert your ONE to a gpe, you would basically have a 64gb nexus with front facing stereo speakers. Can't really go wrong with that!

Sent from my Nexus 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty