always listening not working

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Only works on the GNL like mentioned above. You'd have to sideload that since it is exclusive to the Nexus 5

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Have you, or are you, using this? Does it replace Sense? I read the article below and on one hand it sounds like it might but on the other it sounds like it blends in so first hand knowledge would be helpful.

[APK Download] Google Search Updated To v3.2 ?€“ Meet The Google Now Launcher [Update: A Lot More]

i havent no.

but i found this video: http://phandroid.com/2013/11/14/how-to-install-google-experience-launcher-with-ok-google-command/ which shows how to go about side loading it and they use an htc one to do it.

it will behave as any other launcher. so yes it replaces Sense in that you'll have to load that launcher instead of Sense and it will bring along its own little UI tweaks.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just to clear up any confusion... Yes, you need the "Google Experience Launcher" to have support for that feature. It can be side loaded onto the device but at the expense of looking Sense. Also, it's only listening from the home screen or Google Now.

The launcher ships with the Nexus 5 and has since been integrated with Search indicating a possible wider rollout to the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app