Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Troneas
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default always listening not working

I updated to kit Kat and this was the main feature I wanted but doesn't work
    I found this
    How to turn off ‘Okay Google’ always listening feature in the Google Experience Launcher | TalkAndroid.com

The setting in my menu only turns it on or off in Google now but not home screen. It says there supposed to both turn on and off at same time.
    If u know anything I thank u In advance

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: always listening not working

i was pretty sure only the moto x supports google now always listening.

for the htc one it will only listen when you are in the app.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's a new feature with ki Kat read the link

it seems you haven't read the link either because you need the google experience launcher.
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Only works on the GNL like mentioned above. You'd have to sideload that since it is exclusive to the Nexus 5

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    it seems you haven't read the link either because you need the google experience launcher.
    Have you, or are you, using this? Does it replace Sense? I read the article below and on one hand it sounds like it might but on the other it sounds like it blends in so first hand knowledge would be helpful.

[APK Download] Google Search Updated To v3.2 – Meet The Google Now Launcher [Update: A Lot More]
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Quote Originally Posted by VidJunky View Post
    Have you, or are you, using this? Does it replace Sense? I read the article below and on one hand it sounds like it might but on the other it sounds like it blends in so first hand knowledge would be helpful.

[APK Download] Google Search Updated To v3.2 €“ Meet The Google Now Launcher [Update: A Lot More]

i havent no.

but i found this video: http://phandroid.com/2013/11/14/how-...oogle-command/ which shows how to go about side loading it and they use an htc one to do it.

it will behave as any other launcher. so yes it replaces Sense in that you'll have to load that launcher instead of Sense and it will bring along its own little UI tweaks.

Global Posts
    8,898 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Just to clear up any confusion... Yes, you need the "Google Experience Launcher" to have support for that feature. It can be side loaded onto the device but at the expense of looking Sense. Also, it's only listening from the home screen or Google Now.

The launcher ships with the Nexus 5 and has since been integrated with Search indicating a possible wider rollout to the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    UJ95x likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I was just looking up what features came with kit Kat befor I updated an found Google's page
    http://www.android.com/versions/kit-kat-4-4/
    Which makes it seem that it should be part of 4.4
    The other link was just to show what should happen when u change the setting