HTC One: Can someone show me how to root or whatever?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can someone show me how to root or whatever?

Ok wizzrah i am now unlocked! Whats next?

You need to flash a recovery! Go to the android development section for the HTC One on XDA and download twrp 2.3.3.4

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

You need to flash a recovery! Go to the android development section for the HTC One on XDA and download twrp 2.3.3.4

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

ok be right back!

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

i found these 2 sections under htc one development section

One Original Android Development
Original Android development for the One

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

i see diff twrps an 6.0 versions as well. I dont want to make the mistake an download the wrong one an mess up since i want google play edition kit kat4.4 as close as stock can get.

Also should i have updated the stock sense an all to most current version 4.4. kit kat before doing the unlock root etc?

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

i see diff twrps an 6.0 versions as well. I dont want to make the mistake an download the wrong one an mess up since i want google play edition kit kat4.4 as close as stock can get.

Also should i have updated the stock sense an all to most current version 4.4. kit kat before doing the unlock root etc?

Either of the options in your previous post should be fine. Do you know what ROM you want to flash? The threads for those usually have a recommended version of TWRP to use for flashing.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Either of the options in your previous post should be fine. Do you know what ROM you want to flash? The threads for those usually have a recommended version of TWRP to use for flashing.

Hey UJ95x, as far as ROM im not even sure. What i do know is im wanting the GPE 4.4 as close as possible but i dont know about which roms are stable an best to use,same as with recovery. Im still learning.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Hey UJ95x, as far as ROM im not even sure. What i do know is im wanting the GPE 4.4 as close as possible but i dont know about which roms are stable an best to use,same as with recovery. Im still learning.

I recommend looking at SlimKat. It's the most stable ROM I've used, and the battery life is superb. Stock Android and buttery smooth :)
I use TWRP 2.6.3 and had no issues installing it 👍

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I recommend looking at SlimKat. It's the most stable ROM I've used, and the battery life is superb. Stock Android and buttery smooth :)
I use TWRP 2.6.3 and had no issues installing it ��

Oh ok is stock android the same as GPE? An was i suppose to update my current sense an htc software to kitkat before doing all of this or will it be ok? Just wondering on the secure side of things.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Oh ok is stock android the same as GPE? An was i suppose to update my current sense an htc software to kitkat before doing all of this or will it be ok? Just wondering on the secure side of things.

Yes, the GPE phones use "stock" Android, so it's basically the same thing. You don't need to update the phone to Kit Kat. You can do that with the ROMs regardless of what version you're currently on

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Yes, the GPE phones use "stock" Android, so it's basically the same thing. You don't need to update the phone to Kit Kat. You can do that with the ROMs regardless of what version you're currently on

oh ok cool! I'll try the slimkat an also the twrp 2.6.3 Do i need to turn S-off?

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Yes, you need S-off to flash custom ROMs

Ok as far as i got is unlocking an it went smooth. Do i do the recovery first an then do s-off or which steps first after unlock?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Ok as far as i got is unlocking an it went smooth. Do i do the recovery first an then do s-off or which steps first after unlock?

You do not need S-OFF to flash custom roms, but it is recommended. That is the last step. You need to flash the recovery now. Do you have 2.6.3.4 TWRP?

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

You do not need S-OFF to flash custom roms, but it is recommended. That is the last step. You need to flash the recovery now. Do you have 2.6.3.4 TWRP?

Oh ok. No i dont have 2/6.3.4 twrp yet. Cant seem to find a good one. Do you have a link? Most i seen have different names to them so im confused.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non