Factory reset, do or don't?

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, this question was coming. Normal factory reset just for people who have rooted stock, yay or nay? (I assume a "heck no"?)

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't it be fine as long as there is the stock recovery in place?( i do not own the phone, just taking a stab in the dark)

Sent from your mom's phone.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't it be fine as long as there is the stock recovery in place?( i do not own the phone, just taking a stab in the dark)

That's what I thought too, but I was comparing it the the ov and how your not supposed to factory reset. Lol.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought too, but I was comparing it the the ov and how your not supposed to factory reset. Lol.

I thought factory reset from in the rom no go, but within the recovery was go. Lol.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought factory reset from in the rom no go, but within the recovery was go. Lol.

Hmm, so it may be okay with the stock rooted... I'll probably put this on the vm forums as well.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
So you know. I could be absolutely wrong. Lol.

I understand, I don't plan on trying it anyhow, just asking the questions that will be asked so there will be answers/people who can say do or don't, so we don't have threads like in the ov forums, "I did lg factory reset your halps plz".

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Once rooted and you have a custom recovery in place you should always use the Factory Reset/Data Wipe option within custom recovery in place of the OS "Factory Reset" within Settings.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Once rooted and you have a custom recovery in place you should always use the Factory Reset/Data Wipe option within custom recovery in place of the OS "Factory Reset" within Settings.

Well said Paul I know on the opti s and v once a custom recovery is installed factory resetting from within the privacy menu in settings WILL brick your phone.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well said Paul I know on the opti s and v once a custom recovery is installed factory resetting from within the privacy menu in settings WILL brick your phone.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

No problem. I simply look at it your custom recovery has that option available so use that over anything else. Never had a problem that way.

Your correct I have read that about the Optimus phones, it's a big no no.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

3matthew3

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
If you do a factory reset from the power/vol- menu it just boots to your recovery. From inside the privacy menu... Think it would brick.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G