How to tell if my phone is unlocked for any carrier WITHOUT using another carrier sim

Keesha Green

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am trying to switch my phone from T-Mobile to Straight talk. I got a sims card from straight talk and the phone is supposed to be Unlocked. I was able to make a new APN, but I cannot delete the old Tmobile APN. Does this mean that the phone is not "Unlocked"????? Please help me.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi I am trying to switch my phone from T-Mobile to Straight talk. I got a sims card from straight talk and the phone is supposed to be Unlocked. I was able to make a new APN, but I cannot delete the old Tmobile APN. Does this mean that the phone is not "Unlocked"????? Please help me.

I believe so.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Jason del Rosario

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok I am new to the HTC Vivid and android but have plenty of computer experience. I searched but could not find an answer to a question of How to tell if my phone is unlocked for any carrier WITHOUT using another carrier sim card to test with?

Is there a cryptic message or number in one of the boot screens that will tell me, or am I going to have to find another carrier sim other then mine to test with?

I have similar question

Jason del Rosario

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't think so...is there a particular reason you don't want to use a SIM?

Me i have,..i wonder whether my phone is capable of bearing another network carrier or not and i don't have the luxury to buy another Sim and the payment for cutting it because my phone carries micro Sim. What if i buy a different Sim and my phone couldn't carry it ..it would be a waste of money...that's why i wanted to know first it my phone was locked to a particular carrier

petpat

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a question too I have a HTC vivid it works on my carrier but the APN screen does nothing it is a black screen and says APN at the top nothing else shows i need to change the setting but dont know why it does this or how to change it. There is no lock next to the APN so i know it is unlocked any ideas.

Erica Blitzzy

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
the person you bought it from can call the carrier and get the unlock code if the contract was fulfilled . they just have to request the unlock code. but even when the contract is not fulfilled yet, you can tell them you need to let someone borrow it to go out of country that has a different provider and they will give it to you then also

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
in phone dial pad dial *#7465625# to check the SIM status,
if it says Not Personalized, it means it's unlocked, if it says Off or Disabled it means its unlocked as well, if it says Active it means you're locked.

vtails

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I get fustrated with some answers first Straight talk sims are unlocked. If you have an AT&T i747 S3 when you go to settings ,connections, more networks,moblie networks, apn's, it will show the org. Apn , at the top it will have a + sign . Start bytapping menu delete or discard tap it and then tap + and it will show a menu ( have your apn settings ready) or go to google play store and look for an app for your carrier. Straght talk has one it works kinda funky as you tap ST app it will show up in drop down menu, there will be 2 tap top one and it will ad settings to the menu you tap on . Its a bit hard to explain after you ad settings tap menu and save then reboot to save .
The secert code *#7465625# will Not work on F/w 4.4.2 they have lock out some codes as they have locked Bootloader . This means be Very careful about adding ROM'S AND KERNALS you will brick your phone !!!!

calcikid56

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I entered the code *#7465625# and it came up invalid MMI code. I'm not sure what that means or why the code would not work. I am using an LG G3 D850.

supadupabeast

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I get fustrated with some answers first Straight talk sims are unlocked. If you have an AT&T i747 S3 when you go to settings ,connections, more networks,moblie networks, apn's, it will show the org. Apn , at the top it will have a + sign . Start bytapping menu delete or discard tap it and then tap + and it will show a menu ( have your apn settings ready) or go to google play store and look for an app for your carrier. Straght talk has one it works kinda funky as you tap ST app it will show up in drop down menu, there will be 2 tap top one and it will ad settings to the menu you tap on . Its a bit hard to explain after you ad settings tap menu and save then reboot to save .
The secert code *#7465625# will Not work on F/w 4.4.2 they have lock out some codes as they have locked Bootloader . This means be Very careful about adding ROMs AND KERNALS you will brick your phone !!!!

How do I know if my Samsung galaxy s4 is locked?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alwaysus3

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
You don't need to carrier unlock for mods, you just need to unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery. And there's a free way to carrier unlock the phone, but it requires S-OFF. I can help you with the link if you're interested. For me, personally, there's no reason to S-OFF unless I want to make flashing Custom ROMs easier by allowing the zip to flash the kernel and antennas itself. But no, unless that SIM had an unlock script for the Vivid (which I doubt from Wal-Mart), your phone (and more than likely the SIM as well) is still locked. Now, if you want to mod your phone, I'm more than happy to oblige. Just private message me and we'll talk more. :)

Hi I seen ur post I know nothing about phones very little computer skills but I just purchased to cells from friend of friend and I want to know if I can use for my metro account or a prepaid on like straight talk or boost how do I know if it's unlocked that's what ppl.r telling me needs I'd appreciate ur help

DrNagar

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I m stuck up with my lenovo a805e showing no network on any SIM. It is CDMA,GSM Dual SIM, Brought by seller from ? US and Unlocked for my country and sold to me. Since very begining of my using the phone i did notice that it didnot allow me select CDMA network,though it allowed CDMA carrier SIM(TATA,Reliance) to work on CDMA SIM Slot. Also curiously enough it wouldnot launch GSM Internet unless CDMA SIM Is Disabled i.e Deactivated. I have tried RESET and Factory RESET too several Times but it dosenot detect ANY SIM Inserted into Any of CDMA or GSM Slots.
Question is IS the Android in LOCKED Condition ? Is that SOCKET Assemble at Fault ?? How to Get it Solved ??
ANY HELP Please.

DavisD01

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello we have the galaxy note 4 and note 5 from verison, we were wanting to see if we can use prepaid sims from like straight talk or any other providers, or will they not work. Or do you have to do something to them to make them Work? Thanks

Katie_2214

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
You don't need to carrier unlock for mods, you just need to unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery. And there's a free way to carrier unlock the phone, but it requires S-OFF. I can help you with the link if you're interested. For me, personally, there's no reason to S-OFF unless I want to make flashing Custom ROMs easier by allowing the zip to flash the kernel and antennas itself. But no, unless that SIM had an unlock script for the Vivid (which I doubt from Wal-Mart), your phone (and more than likely the SIM as well) is still locked. Now, if you want to mod your phone, I'm more than happy to oblige. Just private message me and we'll talk more. :)

Hi I Need help to see if my phines unllocked or not