Huawei P9 or Oneplus 3

csetoue

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Im in doubt between these two phones.

I search for rooting possibilities, nice loudspeaker, good sunlight visibilitity, and nice câmera.

Thanks

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey there.

The Huawei P9 and OnePlus 3 are 2 pretty solid devices.

However, even though I am a fan of the camera on the P9 (I used one before), if you're looking into rooting, while it might be possible on the P9, the OnePlus 3 might be your pick, since it is easier to root. Sunlight readability on the OP3 isn't great, but it's still a very solid device.

csetoue

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey there.

The Huawei P9 and OnePlus 3 are 2 pretty solid devices.

However, even though I am a fan of the camera on the P9 (I used one before), if you're looking into rooting, while it might be possible on the P9, the OnePlus 3 might be your pick, since it is easier to root. Sunlight readability on the OP3 isn't great, but it's still a very solid device.
Thanks!

Ill be coming from a LG G5. Do you think it is a step forward on camera departament?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

Ill be coming from a LG G5. Do you think it is a step forward on camera departament?
The OnePlus 3?

To be honest, not really. You lose the secondary wide-angle camera and the OnePlus 3's camera isn't on the same level as the G5 quality-wise, especially since it is a smaller sensor, but it's still a decent performer.

Even though I'm not a fan of the LG G5, the camera is the one thing I really love on it.

csetoue

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
The OnePlus 3?

To be honest, not really. You lose the secondary wide-angle camera and the OnePlus 3's camera isn't on the same level as the G5 quality-wise, especially since it is a smaller sensor, but it's still a decent performer.

Even though I'm not a fan of the LG G5, the camera is the one thing I really love on it.
Sorry for not explain better.

Is P9 a big step forward on camera departament over LG G5?

Thanks again for being helpful.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for not explain better.

Is P9 a big step forward on camera departament over LG G5?

Thanks again for being helpful.
The Huawei P9? Not really, too.

It's not that it's bad. It's a great camera, with excellent dynamic range, great amounts of detail, superb lens quality, good color accuracy and overall a pretty good experience.

However, the camera on the LG G5 also has those traits (mostly, as its lens isn't quite as good, but it's decent enough), and the quality of photos on both are roughly similar, with the G5 maybe having a wee-bit more detail. The G5 also has the benefit of OIS and 4K video recording, something the P9 lacks. However, the P9 does shoot in 1080p60 at max, something the G5 doesn't support for some reason.

csetoue

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Im still on doubt.

P9 has (much?) better multimedia features, but dev comunity and snapiness is better on 1+3.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Im still on doubt.

P9 has (much?) better multimedia features, but dev comunity and snapiness is better on 1+3.
Do things like root and XDA matter to you?

If yes, the OP3.

Note that the P9 may be more expensive in your area. In that case, I would still give the OP3 a worthy consideration. It's actually a pretty damn good phone for the price.

Gytis Bliu

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Could anyone compare the cameras of oneplus 3t and Huawei P9? Also the battery life and charging? There is a sale of the P9 in my county and it's 400eur vs 440eur for the 3t and I am thinking witch one to get