CM7 Install

WFMike

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what exactly I'm messing up, so I figure I'd ask for some help. I'm using Rom manager to install CM7 RC2 (which is where I downloaded it from also) it goes through the install process just fine, but when it resets and starts to load the CM 7 screen it just shows the arrow going in circles and never loads up. I've downloaded twice and installed twice, both times I used Rom manager to wipe and install, and both times it doesn't get farther then the CM 7 load screen.

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
How long are you letting it sit at that load screen? It's common this may take a few extra minutes than normal load up time.

If it still does not load. See this if you have any problems. I also find it easier to do all installing right from recovery mode. Seems to work like a charm every time.

Last edited:

fadepoint89

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah for future reference whenever you install a new rom it has to load up all the new settings so it will take A LOT longer then if you were to load it up later. And always wipe data/cache/dalvik cache.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
ROM Manager is an excellent tool for downloading ROMs. But all flashing should absolutely be done manually from recovery IMO. I've seen ROM Manager screw up many installs. Plus the lack of an option to wipe dalvik cache really makes it useless to me.

WFMike

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies! I have it running and trying to set up the homescreen how I want and seem to be failing misserably lol.

I guess my next question is I have multiple apps downloaded and installed that are supposed to have Widgets with them, but when I click add a widget it doesn't show any of the Widgets except what came with the rom. Examples would be my weatherbug, My Verizon data widget, and slacker radio. If I can't use the widget for those I guess I'm ditching CM7, also wanted to know if swype will work with CM7?

WFMike

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Guess I thought of another question to ask. Is there a way to change the camera to the original camera on the phone? I ask because I don't like how it's a 4/3 picture and not widescreen our the ability to change the quality of the picture, that out another camera that has better options then CM7.

dually

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Vignette camera has a full frame setting as well as date time stamp option.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez