Change Service Providers Name To Anything

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
was looking around and cant quite find if i should do this or not and i want to know if it is still possible.

I want to change the VZW Signature when i go to unlock my phone and then when i pull the notification bar down. i found this online but i dont know what to do and id like it if someone had some kind of sence so i dont mess this up.

heres the thing i found to change the name:

Make a new file called eri.xml and push to /data/ (with adb or whatever):

<EriFile VersionNumber="1357" NumberOfEriEntries="1" EriFileType="1">
<CallPromptId Id="0" CallPromptText="CallPromptId0"/>
<CallPromptId Id="1" CallPromptText="CallPromptId1"/>
<CallPromptId Id="2" CallPromptText="CallPromptId2"/>
<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="128" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="YourBannerHere" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0"/>
</EriFile>

not im not sure how to do that can someone help, or tell me if its even possible to change it. Im also running CM7 Nightlies #27.

PLEASE HELP!

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
There is an app for that. If you need any help with it post back.

Change Carrier Name(app)V1.2 - xda-developers

damn! tight, couldnt have been any easier, rebooting phone right now to see if it took affect. if so then that was easy as pie! lol

and for the Results!

100% WORKING on Droid Incredible. Gonna go spread the word about this great app.!

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
damn! tight, couldnt have been any easier, rebooting phone right now to see if it took affect. if so then that was easy as pie! lol

and for the Results!

100% WORKING on Droid Incredible. Gonna go spread the word about this great app.!
I am having issues with the link dl'd , Can I just use my terminal emulator to type the commands after I make the eri file and push it to data? or... how were you able to DL the link and which version did you DL.. 1.1 or 1.2. even so, It take me to a multidownload screen and not sure what to click on to make it happen... help me out expert ;) for real, need your help with this one

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I am having issues with the link dl'd , Can I just use my terminal emulator to type the commands after I make the eri file and push it to data? or... how were you able to DL the link and which version did you DL.. 1.1 or 1.2. even so, It take me to a multidownload screen and not sure what to click on to make it happen... help me out expert ;) for real, need your help with this one

I have version 1.2 uploaded to my dropbox if you want to download it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19552843/CCName1.2.apk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty