Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

Default What carrier for LG Optimus 2X?

What carrier is this device going to? I heard T-Mobile but then IDK.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

I wish I knew. Hopefully we find out soon. I heard that it might have a CDMA chipset but I can't remember where I heard that. If that is the case, I don't see this going to VZW with the devices they just announced. Who knows might be Sprint.

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

Initially, they said T-mobile. Now it seems they have no clue. We should find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty_82 View Post
    I wish I knew. Hopefully we find out soon. I heard that it might have a CDMA chipset but I can't remember where I heard that. If that is the case, I don't see this going to VZW with the devices they just announced. Who knows might be Sprint.
    Please, please, please let it be Sprint! LOL
    jm0

Sprint NEEDS this, will all the other carriers getting superphones what is sprint going to do? I would hardly call the Shift a superphone.
    VCL

Been with T-Mobile for a little over one year and I couldn't be happier. Have the N1 and MyTouch 4G and live in a very hot HSPA+ area with sick speed. Saying that it is very obvious I want this new LG device on T-Mobile. Combine the speed of their network and the price of their plans to me there is no better network. Let's not forget all other carriers will be charging more $$$ for their 4G service. NOT T-Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by 20blks View Post
    Initially, they said T-mobile. Now it seems they have no clue. We should find out soon enough.
    Its radios would indicate AT&T.

Hopefully on every carrier that has an optimus phone now. this will hopefully be his big brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty_82 View Post
    My thought exactly... Sprint is trying hard to be the company with all, or most of the big name devices. Go Sprint go.

the LG black is going to At&t right? the LG revolution to Verizon i believe. so i feel like the optimus 2x is 50/50 t-mobile or sprint. im hoping sprint.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

I'm am pretty sure it is t-mobile. Idk where I read it but I remember something about it going to t mobile.

damn. im sitting on a sprint upgrade. the Evo shift isnt seducing me. deep down i want a huge screen. when is anything cool and not theoretical coming to sprint?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

Wait just a little while longer. I have been hearing that Sprint has some really good devices coming up.. they are going to announce them at another tech show. It is always good to wait a while.

ROM
    Jelly Bean 4.1.2..

I don't think Sprint is gonna sit back and let other companies release phones and not compete. I mean the Evo is a great phone but I'm sure newer version or more is coming.
    Smartphone curious but not smartphone smart..

Quote Originally Posted by GQ50 View Post
    I don't think Sprint is gonna sit back and let other companies release phones and not compete. I mean the Evo is a great phone but I'm sure newer version or more is coming.
    I'm not sure if Sprint has much of a choice.

I think the reason the phones are going to AT&T and Verizon are largely due to their size and how they run the promos. Both companies sell their top tiered phones on the cheap to gain customers, like $1 or BOGO; Sprint doesn't. So if you're a phone builder, who do you have the best chance with when it comes to sales?

Yes, I know the EVO went to Sprint last year, but Sprint was offering 4G, where no other carrier was. And for HTC to say they were 1st to 4G, in the US, probably was a big reason why Sprint got such a nice phone. Now that Sprint doesn't have the 4G advantage, what do they have that would entice a phone manufacture to want to release a top tier phone on them? At least T-Mobile is GSM making it easier for these builders to release a global phone with them.....
    Last edited by crabjoe; 01-09-2011 at 11:31 AM.

it sucks that we probably wont get our SPRINT hands on anything superior than the EVO or EPIC for another 6 months. thats why i was hoping for this LG in March-ish.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,119 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm waiting for a link to the info that this phone is coming to T-Mo.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

June for a new Sprint phone sounds about right. That's one year after the Evo. Makes sense and though I'd love it to be this phone, if it's not I know there will be something comparable coming.

I'd keep my eye on CTIA for Sprint announcements.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

I think it was phonedog. If not it was tmonews.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,119 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmonster457 View Post
    i just kind of found this, im not claiming its right though
    http://theandroidsite.com/2011/01/08...d-to-t-mobile/
    &
    Understanding Cellular Technology and Bands | PhoneDog
    explains bands
    Makes sense to me, but that's the Black, not the 2X. I'd be happy with the Black and the NOVA display, though, but I'm not sure that would be enough for me to not be ok with my MT4G.
    Thanked by:

sorry bout that, i didnt realize it was optimus black. just considering though, LG has 3 cool phones: opt 2x, black, and revolution. i doubt 2 will go to a single carrier, so it looks like 1 of the big 4 will be left out. hopefully not Sprint. Let AT&T get left out.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,119 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I agree. AT&T got the Atrix and Inspire. They should be good until next CES
    Thanked by:

Thumbs up Sprint 4G Fee

Quote Originally Posted by VCL View Post
    Been with T-Mobile for a little over one year and I couldn't be happier. Have the N1 and MyTouch 4G and live in a very hot HSPA+ area with sick speed. Saying that it is very obvious I want this new LG device on T-Mobile. Combine the speed of their network and the price of their plans to me there is no better network. Let's not forget all other carriers will be charging more $$$ for their 4G service. NOT T-Mobile.
    Yeah but I'd rather pay $10 bucks for my 4G and have unlimited 4G data than have my bandwidth capped/throttled down after around 1Gig of data like T-Mobile does. What's the point in having 4G when after a certain point your speed drops to like 50kbps??? And HSPA+ is hardly 4G. When it comes to plans Sprint is 2nd to none, and their 3G and 4G network (when it's all said and done) will smoke T-Mobile's. The only other true 4G tech out there is LTE.
    Last edited by gruvmyster01; 01-10-2011 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Revised to be more specific
    HTC EVO 3D...waiting for a "ROOT awakening"
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,119 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gruvmyster01 View Post
    Yeah but I'd rather pay $10 bucks for my 4G and have unlimited 4G data than have my bandwidth capped/throttled down after around 1Gig of data like T-Mobile does. What's the point in having 4G when after a certain point your speed drops to like 50kbps??? And HSPA+ is hardly 4G. When it comes to plans Sprint is 2nd to none, and their 3G and 4G network (when it's all said and done) will smoke T-Mobile's. The only other true 4G tech out there is LTE.
    Ok, but you DON'T HAVE A 4G PHONE. You have a Hero. If that's wrong please fix it.

I went over 1gb of data last month and didn't get throttled. It only happens at 5gb. I agree about your assessment of what is and what isn't 4G, but keep in mind that according to technical definition WIMAX and LTE aren't either (this is according to the official 3GPP definition of what 4G is).

If you're just talking about speed (which is what the carriers seem to be using to determine what they will call 4G) then all the carriers have it. I've seen 8mbps down/1.2mbps up on HSPA+. When I had my EVO the fastest I saw (in the same area of Chicago, one of the better WIMAX networks) was 6mbps down/1mbps up.

So all other things being equal if speed is what matters who cares what they call it?

Oh and my monthly bill is cheaper now than it was with Sprint. 2 MT4G's vs 2 EVO's (not in a WIMAX area). I don't go over 5gb. I'm on wifi most of the time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast