iPhone user finally ready to make the jump

RobCMass

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So I have been an avid iPhone user over the years and I have finally given up hope that apple will ever support flash. I have heard alot about the new Droid Bionic that from rumors I have heard will go on sale August 4th at the Verizon stores. Theres a hefty price on the phone at $299 with a 2 yr contract. AM I better off just going with a Thunderbolt or Droid Charge or is the Bionic really supposed to be that much better?

I really enjoy these forums as they are very helpful for a new android user like myself. I had the Droid X briefly so I am not a complete newbie but I traded it when the iPhone finally came to verizon. Thanks.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
First off, welcome to android central!
Nobody can make your decision for you, what we know is purely speculation and with all the hype about the bionic I would assume verizon would have pre-orders for 1-2 weeks before the release. If you would like to wait, feel free to. The thunderbolt has some issues (or so I have read) but every phone has it's flaws. I have heard good things about the charge but again, nobody can make the choice but you!

RobCMass

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
First off, welcome to android central!
Nobody can make your decision for you, what we know is purely speculation and with all the hype about the bionic I would assume verizon would have pre-orders for 1-2 weeks before the release. If you would like to wait, feel free to. The thunderbolt has some issues (or so I have read) but every phone has it's flaws. I have heard good things about the charge but again, nobody can make the choice but you!

thanks. I think i will wait to see some reviews on the Bionic before dropping $300. I'm not in a big rush right now. I like the HTC phones but the battery issues on the Thunderbolt concern me. I wil browse around for more info

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums! I own a TBolt and I will admit that after the first update I did have problems with the phone rebooting but that got solved with the most recent update. Other than that, the phone has worked well. Battery is indeed an issue that I addressed by getting the extended battery. Would I recommend the phone? Yes, but with the recommendation to get the extended battery. Given that new phones are coming out, though, you may want to wait and see how the Bionic is received. It promises to be a very good phone. I personally prefer HTC because of Sense but that is my personal preference. I got used to the interface from using Windows Mobile phones made by HTC. I would suggest you play with these phones at a Verizon store to check them out and see how you like each one of them. Enjoy!

RobCMass

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums! I own a TBolt and I will admit that after the first update I did have problems with the phone rebooting but that got solved with the most recent update. Other than that, the phone has worked well. Battery is indeed an issue that I addressed by getting the extended battery. Would I recommend the phone? Yes, but with the recommendation to get the extended battery. Given that new phones are coming out, though, you may want to wait and see how the Bionic is received. It promises to be a very good phone. I personally prefer HTC because of Sense but that is my personal preference. I got used to the interface from using Windows Mobile phones made by HTC. I would suggest you play with these phones at a Verizon store to check them out and see how you like each one of them. Enjoy!

thanks for the info. I actually had a thunderbolt for about a week before taking it back and getting the iphone mainly because of the battery. Getting the extended battery is not an option for me as I like to have my phones in a case ala the otterbox and Ive heard the extended battery back is too big for a case. Now that ive heard news that the Bionic wont be out till September I may go with an HTC Droid Incredible. I also prefer HTC over Motorola

arran1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It depends if you want 4g or 3g, or global.

I have the original DINC and I love it. I would fully recommend the DINC2 after only using it in the stores, and from my experience with the DINC1. But, if you want 4g, you will probably have to wait a while for HTC to figure out the 4g battery life, seeing as you don't want the extended battery. Or try out LG, or Samsung, etc. It's all about what you want.

I agree with Treknologist, check out all the phones at a store, see which ones you like, and then ask questions in the forums!

Definitely smart to come back to Android! :cool:

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the info. I actually had a thunderbolt for about a week before taking it back and getting the iphone mainly because of the battery. Getting the extended battery is not an option for me as I like to have my phones in a case ala the otterbox and Ive heard the extended battery back is too big for a case. Now that ive heard news that the Bionic wont be out till September I may go with an HTC Droid Incredible. I also prefer HTC over Motorola

I believe Seidio makes a case that will accommodate the extended battery that is like the otterbox case, just as an FYI. :)

DInc is a good phone too but it is 3G. I'm not sure if you are looking for 4G. Of course, the DInc 2 is global also. So, it all does depend on what you need.