Goodbye, iPhone...

makiwara

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Heeelllloooooooo Android.

I just switched from a 4S to an HTC One on AT&T. Sooooo happy with it so far. I'm excited to get involved in the community here and learn how to take advantage of this device fully.

Every time I look for something to do on the phone I just stare at the screen and my mind goes blank. I feel like I have no idea of how Android OS is constructed and works. I feel dumb seeing how I work in IT, but I'm hoping with the right literature I can grasp it. I've searched, but can't find a clear spot for complete newcomers to the OS to go if they want to learn about how it works from the ground up. I feel like there's so much customization that I just don't know how to utilize it. Any suggestions?

Either way, I'm psyched to get to know you all.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Heeelllloooooooo Android.

I just switched from a 4S to an HTC One on AT&T. Sooooo happy with it so far. I'm excited to get involved in the community here and learn how to take advantage of this device fully.

Every time I look for something to do on the phone I just stare at the screen and my mind goes blank. I feel like I have no idea of how Android OS is constructed and works. I feel dumb seeing how I work in IT, but I'm hoping with the right literature I can grasp it. I've searched, but can't find a clear spot for complete newcomers to the OS to go if they want to learn about how it works from the ground up. I feel like there's so much customization that I just don't know how to utilize it. Any suggestions?

Either way, I'm psyched to get to know you all.

Welcome to the forums!

From a SlimROM S3

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC and the Android platform!

Got a question? Ask... Don't understand something.. Ask...

We have a great team of volunteers and an awesome community of members to help.

Enjoy the forums!