iOS 7 vs Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
If you want to continue this conversation, please do so through pm. It is not appropriate to call out other members in a third party public conversation. Let get this thread back on topic, please.

Can we have this thread shut down? Jeff Denver will **** me off so much and don't want a ban.

- - - Updated - - -

That's really interesting! :) thanks for opening my eyes to that.
Although the article is a little bit outdated. Maybe ios7 will crash a lot more or less. :/

That's so old. My iPhone 5 here HAS crashed less then my N4

chrjt74001

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
From a biological standpoint, I think it might still be accurate to state that Android resembles iOS7 or that in reverse if they both seem to resemble a common ancestor. iOS7 might not be inheriting it's traits from Android, but it's clearly possible for two separate operating system species evolving at the same time under similar conditions, especially given a common ancestor in very recent generations, to develop in parallel for a time. Even without the common ancestor so closely preceding them, two species with the same basic originating structure, inhabiting the same space with the same resources used, etc. would be expected to develop common traits through natural selection. So while it might not be accurate to state that iOS stole from Android or vice versa, it could still be fair to state that their resemblances to each other and their common ancestor(s) do exist.

Interesting analogy, biologically speaking regarding the similar yet different evolutions of OS .. I found myself daydreaming for a moment.. lol!!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Your inability to read and understand iOS 7's new features makes me sad.
I have understood them for a long time. Ever since they were first introduced in Android 2.1.

NO APPLE DOES NOT,I was talking about in multitasking. In multitasking to save battery iOS will automatically kill apps you don't use frequently
Umm...ok. That is not what you said in Post #224 but, whatever.

Explain to me the advantage of this task killing function in iOS. What will it allow you to do that you cannot do in Android?

Strange,stock I hit a limit of 20 icons.
What was preventing you from installing Nova Launcher? Lots of launchers remove those limits. (And 20 icons was not enough? yikes...)

3G toggle, don't see it on my Nexus 4.
Lots of apps do this.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...le2g.plugin.notification&hl=en&token=kjs5eXek
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.painless.pc&token=hIS0kt64
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.ducta.toogle2g3g&hl=en&token=CP19LBYw
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ndroid.switchnetworktype&hl=en&token=WxIrISU0

the control centre has 3 apps there camera,calculator and photos for convenience
Um...all those things are already on my home screen. Why would I need to take an additional step to get to them? You consider that a convenience? On Android I can even put any app directly in the lock screen via widgets. I don't even have to unlock the phone to use it.

But if you insist...you can put any app you want in the Notification center. Including the camera, Calculator, and Gallery apps.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.rootuninstaller.onetap&token=sGkNL5An

Thats not the only app that does this. It's just the first one I came across. Android does not tie your hands like iOS does, so you are free to use add-ons like this to expand the functionality of other parts of Android. iOS does not allow you to alter the Control Center...so you are stuck with whatever they decided to give you.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Has anything changed in either system during the last 16 months since that was written (18 since the tests were done)?

Interesting analogy, biologically speaking regarding the similar yet different evolutions of OS .. I found myself daydreaming for a moment.. lol!!

I think it fits, if you think of the market as nature, rewarding efficiency and those iterations of species that are most adept at their tasks in their current locale and time. Economics and biology have a lot in common and will continue to have more in common, both with the increased independence of machine learning and as we cross further into the realm of nanotechnology and cybernetic enhancements in biological entities.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anything changed in either system during the last 16 months since that was written (18 since the tests were done)?
I suppose it is possible, but I have not seen any evidence that iOS crashes less than Android since then. So I have no reason to believe anything radical has changed.

According to the article, Apple gives the illusion of fewer crashes by immediately re-opening the app. Android's mistake was notifying the user that the app had crashed...Apple does not do that. And honestly, I would LIKE to see Android do the same thing. I think there should be a toggle allowing this. I can appreciate the need of the user to know an app has crashed, but a lot of us are indifferent, and the error message just gets in the way.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You already said that in post #237.

The difference being that I am able to give specifics as to why.

I did to. ecosystem. and how everything feels more polished to me. iOS 7 also addressed issues I had with iOS before. I have to mess around with Android to add stuff that should be already there, I don't like your hostile attitude so off you go to the ignore list.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as multitasking, Android can do the same.

View attachment 71383

View attachment 71384

View attachment 71385

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
Not built into Android though, is it?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I did to. ecosystem. and how everything feels more polished to me.
Which is fine. You should have just said that before.

But there are no actual features iOS7 is offering that Android has not had for a long time. All the items you have listed so far are already on Android.

iOS 7 also addressed issues I had with iOS before.
I agree that iOS7 is significantly better than iOS6. I agree that it is a massive improvement. And if I was an iOS user I would be happy about the changes.

That does not make it as good or better than Android however.

I don't like your hostile attitude so off you go to the ignore list.
It would have saved you a lot of headache to do that several pages ago. But you are the one who gloated about "destroying" me...so I'd say the hostile attitude came from you first.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Not built into Android though, is it?

It doesn't have to be.

A point I made earlier (which you ignored) is that you're unfairly excluding third-party solutions because on iOS you aren't even given the option to have third-party integration. The situation would be very different had iOS allowed that.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't have to be.

A point I made earlier (which you ignored) is that you're unfairly excluding third-party solutions because on iOS you aren't even given the option to have third-party integration. The situation would be very different had iOS allowed that.

Stock to stock is better for comparisons sake.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
But there are no actual features iOS7 is offering that Android has not had for a long time. All the items you have listed so far are already on Android.

One area that Google and Android severely lack in device security.

iOS has had device tracking and remote locking/wiping for a few versions now. Now iOS7 introduces an activation lock feature that can potentially make a stolen iPhone a mere paperweight to a thief.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

iOS has had device tracking and remote locking/wiping for a few versions now. Now iOS7 introduces an activation lock feature that can potentially make a stolen iPhone a mere paperweight to a thief.

There's an app for that... ;)

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok...that I guess I have to agree with. And the Device lock feature in iOS7 is something I am a little jealous of.

There is probably a way to replicate that in Android, but I doubt it is easy and probably involves a subscription to something.

iOS has had device tracking and remote locking/wiping for a few versions now.
Android has that too, but it is not free and probably not as reliable.

ncvikingx97

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
By not comparing apps, and only stock, of course they are more comparable! That is taking the most compelling part of android out. And even then(stock to sock), I would still say that android beats iOS due to the heavy Google integration, which is more widely used than the Mac integration.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non