Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Not built into Android though, is it?
It doesn't have to be.

A point I made earlier (which you ignored) is that you're unfairly excluding third-party solutions because on iOS you aren't even given the option to have third-party integration. The situation would be very different had iOS allowed that.

He's already tried this argument a couple days ago and is repeating it. It was also responded to just like you did earlier. You've probably already witnessed this pattern because it's happened frequently in this thread.

I suppose it is possible, but I have not seen any evidence that iOS crashes less than Android since then. So I have no reason to believe anything radical has changed.

According to the article, Apple gives the illusion of fewer crashes by immediately re-opening the app. Android's mistake was notifying the user that the app had crashed...Apple does not do that. And honestly, I would LIKE to see Android do the same thing. I think there should be a toggle allowing this. I can appreciate the need of the user to know an app has crashed, but a lot of us are indifferent, and the error message just gets in the way.

Jeff, iOS fans prefer to offer you anecdotal evidence such as the recent post: "MY Nexus 4 crashed more than MY iPhone 5" as if that were some sort of reliable measure. Good job on doing your homework.

By not comparing apps, and only stock, of course they are more comparable! That is taking the most compelling part of android out. And even then(stock to sock), I would still say that android beats iOS due to the heavy Google integration, which is more widely used than the Mac integration.
BINGO. He doesn't get that though, even though it's been pointed out 3x now I think. There's a lot of that going around. Removing features to bolster your argument is [infraction word] :D

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The discussion here has moved more than once from a debate of iOS vs. Android to one of which users are right and which are not. As per my initial promise, I think this thread has run its course and will be closed.

I will say, though, that there were some very good points made. Perhaps this discussion is more well-suited for when iOS 7 is formally released as a finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.