Galaxy S3 screen gets pink/purple on and off

Mustafa248

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 has been acting strange for some days. It probably fell on the floor or got some liquid into it - I am not sure if any such thing happened to it at all. What it does is it usually works fine, but at some time in the day on pressing the home button it will show purple screen where the colour starts from the left side of the screen - it will not show the main screen - the screen will be black and a purple colour will start to paint slowly from the left side. Following that it will stay like that - I leave it so that the screen times out, and then make a call to this mobile from another phone, the screen will get back to normal. What could be wrong? the lcd screen, the home button, or the motherboard connection getting lose? It doesn't do it all the time.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The screen, the motherboard or the connection between them - any of them could be the cause. A shop will have to play "replace the parts" to find out which is the problem, then replace the bad part.

Mustafa248

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have now unattached and then reattached the LCD connections with the motherboard - seems to work fine for the moment - hope it was only the lose connection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non