Ideapad K1 System Update Today

wbsrlnyt

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Edited. System updated on 2012 Jan 18. Hopefully this will resolve some issues. Not sure where a changelog is.

Android version: 3.2.1
Kernel version: 2.6.36.3
Build number: K1_A301_14_14_120109_US

Auto brightness now seems to work for me.

Here's how to get the latest update.

Settings.. About tablet... System updates... System updates...
How to get the latest system update fo - Lenovo

Last edited:

goddess_althena

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, I'm pretty new to the Lenovo K1. Just purchased on Friday, but really enjoying it so far. I did a system update right away and was confused to see that after I was 'up to date' the system said I was still running 3.1. I am in Canada and I see from your build code, you must be US. My question is, for some reason are Canadian users not getting the same updates as the US users. I realize there must be some smaller details they customize to our own native countries, but it seems odd that your system claims to be running 3.2.1 when mine only says 3.1. If so, does anyone know when Canadians can expect to be running the latest Honeycomb? I enjoy the tablet, but I do expect the same level of support that Americans are getting.

Details:
Android version: 3.1
Kernel version: 2.6.36.3
Build number: K1_A301_02_02_110930_CA

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm no expert...the last couple letters of the build indicate that one is intended for US and one for CANada. I don't know why there would be a difference. Good Question.

goddess_althena

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to ask, since I first posted, the tablet has prompted me 3 times to restart (not in a row, on separate occasions) and install a K1 system update. Every time when I've clicked 'More Info' it's been blank with no information. I do it and the tablet shuts off and then a little android guy with a yellow '!' triangle on his chest glows for a couple minutes and the thing eventually restarts. I looked at the system info after each time, but none of the info has changed, all the same android version, build and kernel. Does this happen often? What exactly is it doing? Thx!

mikes245

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I updated a couple of hours ago.

My hope is that the update has fixed a feature that has makes the A1 almost totally useless with my home router - a Belkin. It never holds a WiFi connection for more than 30 seconds. With other routers it is fine.

I am away from home at the moment but does anybody know if the the new update fixes this?

wbsrlnyt

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
This thread is for the K1, so you may want to post a new thread for A1 about your issue. Updated first post about most recent update.

wrcgator

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I have loaded the latest US update too (K1_A301_14_14_120109_US) and the auto dim works. However, after going to sleep i can not get it back up. I get to the lock screen and within seconds it dims down to a dark screen. can not get out of this without resetting K1. this is a first, did not do this with previous image. fix for me was to disable auto dim.

anyone else see this?

f2racer

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have loaded the latest US update too (K1_A301_14_14_120109_US) and the auto dim works. However, after going to sleep i can not get it back up. I get to the lock screen and within seconds it dims down to a dark screen. can not get out of this without resetting K1. this is a first, did not do this with previous image. fix for me was to disable auto dim.

anyone else see this?

I just bought a K1, and after the 6 or so updates to bring the system up to the current update, I'm too having the same issue. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty