Verizon Galaxy Note 20 One UI 3.0 / Android 11 update inbound

p5200

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I took the chance and updated so far, I'm trying to find changes. the volume up and down now runs vertical instead or horizontal and sure has a different look to it LOL!

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
My favorite thing about this update is that edge lighting notifications work with the screen off like they should. I use Google Messages and until this update the screen off notifications refused to work with the app.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Ever since the update, I've had issues staying connected to WiFi. I read on another forum that turning off google location accuracy solves this problem and it actually did. Just putting it out there in case anyone else has this issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ever since the update, I've had issues staying connected to WiFi. I read on another forum that turning off google location accuracy solves this problem and it actually did. Just putting it out there in case anyone else has this issue.
Still some bugs , thanks for the tip.!

mrlugo88

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
So I checked this morning and I got the Advanced Messaging to work through the Samsung Messages app. Looks like they flipped the switch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201221-110555_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20201221-110555_Messages.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 17

mrlugo88

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
So I've found that even though it says it's on, it's not really on. My wife and I both have 20 Ultras on Verizon so we tried using Samsung messages and none of the features seemed to work.

On top of that, this is using Verizon's Advanced Messaging service. I know there were some tech sites saying that Samsung was using Google's RCS and implementing it into their app but it seems as though Verizon blocked that. With Verizon's service you can only have RCS with those on Verizon and who phones have that feature enabled, which is a limited number.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
anyone else losing battery like crazy since the update? I've charged my phone twice today. 3 hours on screen and at 40%

Opposite for me. Been getting much better battery life since the update. I did the power off/recovery mode/delete cache thing a couple of times, like I always do after an update.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So I've found that even though it says it's on, it's not really on. My wife and I both have 20 Ultras on Verizon so we tried using Samsung messages and none of the features seemed to work.

On top of that, this is using Verizon's Advanced Messaging service. I know there were some tech sites saying that Samsung was using Google's RCS and implementing it into their app but it seems as though Verizon blocked that. With Verizon's service you can only have RCS with those on Verizon and who phones have that feature enabled, which is a limited number.
AT&T's Advanced Messaging seems to be working - at least the portions I use all the time. I get a "Msg Rcvd" and "Msg Read" with Brother-in-Law, who is also on AT&T (and I told to turn on Advanced Messaging on his S20) - I also get a little animation when he's typing!!! I don't get this from anyone else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000