Is it too much to hope for 6.0 Marshmallow???

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
This has been such a great tablet, though it seems to have stalled on 5.1 without ever getting an update to 5.1.1.

I imagine that it will now be neglected like so many devices of that era and it's at the end of the support life cycle. Has anyone heard any differently?

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I just got some sort of OTA on mine a couple days ago. I certainly hope that it gets Android 6.0, but I'm not banking on it. I've already heard my Verizon Moto X 2014 is not getting 6.0, so I will be purchasing the Nexus 5x in a few months. I'll likely buy the Pixel C too.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
This has been such a great tablet, though it seems to have stalled on 5.1 without ever getting an update to 5.1.1.

I imagine that it will now be neglected like so many devices of that era and it's at the end of the support life cycle. Has anyone heard any differently?

I would have loved to see Marshmallow. This tablet has treated me so well for two years, I know 6.0 would be an improvement over 5.1. Alas, it looks like it isn't to be. I will be ordering a new Shield tablet to replace it.