Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

Looks like a promising Tablet. Wish the pairing would share data without a share plan. Loving my G2 so it makes this a really tempting tablet. I wish Adonit or Wacom would get their pressure sensitive bluetooth styli to work with Android and it would be a no brainer. I really want a tablet I can sketch and do some artwork on on the go. I know the Galaxy Note series will work and all the third party styli work with iPads but I'd like to have more options. Maybe they'll get around to it some day.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

I have a 64 GB sdxc card for gaming and videos. Works without a hiccup.

Please provide info on rooting.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

Well my blue line down the right side issue seems to have gone away I used my tablet extensively last night and could not duplicate the issue so for now I am keeping the one I have I am thinking this may be more of an app issue then a hardware issue I still have 12 days left to return it for a replacement if needed.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    I actually saw LG Backup but have not clicked on it yet. Anything special? Where does it save the backup file?
    Sd card

Thanked by:
    erwaso 

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

If there is anything to this, I''ll be making another move soon. I've seen other references to a LTE version of the G Pad, and this just might be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    If there is anything to this, I''ll be making another move soon. I've seen other references to a LTE version of the G Pad, and this just might be it.

There is also the LG-V507L. I think most were speculating that the L stands for LTE.

An LTE version of the G Pad seems like a good bet. There's really no reason to think that Google is about to release a Nexus 8, although it would be great if they did.

I read another article that points out the type of bluetooth getting certified for the V510 is only supported on Android 4.4 and since an LTE G Pad is highly unlikely to come with a 4.4 build, you could interpret this detail as evidence that the V510 is a Nexus device.

Anyway, I noticed the blue line on the right side of my screen again last night. It only appeared after I'd been using it for a couple hours and played a couple games. i then put it down for a couple hours and when I came back the line was gone. I still have a week or so to return mine so I'm considering my options. If this is a problem with all units, then swapping for a new one won't help so I might go the N7 route and save 80 bucks or just wait for more concrete N8 evidence.

That pic was actually confirmed as being altered, what we are looking at is the Nexus 7 folks.

And about damn time this device got a well deserved, positive review! I am so tired of hearing reviews on how the price is too high, blah blah blah. Really, for a device of this quality, speed and resolution, I am more than happy about it's price point!

FYI, the full source code for the G Pad has been released on the LG website. This should improve the chances that we will see some custom ROMs developed.
    Thanked by:
    erwaso 
    beerhound likes this.

So, what accessories (case, screen protector, sdcard, stylet) do you guys recommend?

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Well, also keep in mind the price points. The most expensive Nexus 7 is notably less expensive than the least expensive G Pad. I know there's a difference in screen size but....
    One device is sold at cost, the other isn't?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by slowdyve View Post
    So, what accessories (case, screen protector, sdcard, stylet) do you guys recommend?
    Only one person on here has a case. I ordered mine and wont get it until the 25th. For now im using the screen sticker that came on the device and get my illumishield screen protectors by saturday to replace it.
    Thanked by:

Hey,

I'm really looking at buying this tablet but I have a couple of questions for current owners...

Is the USB port Slimport compatable?

What's the wireless like? I'll be mainly using this tab for streaming movies from my NAS. I'm especially interested in the 5GHz N wireless performance?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannysmith43 View Post
    Hey,

I'm really looking at buying this tablet but I have a couple of questions for current owners...

Is the USB port Slimport compatable?

What's the wireless like? I'll be mainly using this tab for streaming movies from my NAS. I'm especially interested in the 5GHz N wireless performance?

Thanks

Someone here said it is slim port compatible.

Connects to wireless fast. My home dsl, work network router and my lg og hotspot. I can get some speed tests tomorrow
    Thanked by:

Yes, it is reported to be slimport enabled. I have not seen anyone directly verify it though.

-Suntan
    Thanked by:

According to Slimport website, the Lg G Pad is listed as a supported device....

Thanked by:

Someone here said it is slim port compatible.

Connects to wireless fast. My home dsl, work network router and my lg og hotspot. I can get some speed tests tomorrow
    That's great, i'd love to know how strong the WIFi connection is, also what speed it connects. I currently have a 2012 Nexus and the WIFI isn't very good at all.

Wow, another favorable review. Very short by ZDNet and interestingly they compared the G Pad to it's proper competition and price points.

I appreciate the comments on the premium feel of this tablet. It actually feels more premium than my spousal unit's much more expensive GNote 10.1 plastic tablet (still a great tablet but too much plastic).
    Phone: Rooted Droid Razr Maxx; Tablets: Nexus 7.1, Galaxy Note 10.1, Rooted LG G Pad 8.3

Tested off the DS3 at work and the other off of my ATT LTE hotspot through my LG OG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On-testnetwork.jpg   LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On-test-att.jpg  

So with Slimport HDMI adapter, i can hook my G Pad up to my HDTV and see the tablet screen?

EDIT: i dont know why i post and not just google these things lol.

FYI, the LG website actually says that the G Pad uses a Slimport and provides instructions. .
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast