Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Would you switch to Note3 in 10 days if you had the option?

So I have had the phone for a week and I am loving it. I have ATT Premier and return date is 30 days. If you had the option would you opt for a note3? My main concern is mainly battery. All my previous devices have had removable batteries. 3GB of ram also seems enticing.

Default Re: Would you switch to Note3 in 10 days if you had the option?

Quote Originally Posted by kkel19 View Post
    So I have had the phone for a week and I am loving it. I have ATT Premier and return date is 30 days. If you had the option would you opt for a note3? My main concern is mainly battery. All my previous devices have had removable batteries. 3GB of ram also seems enticing.
    The 3gb is necessary. It has even more features than the S4 which is laggy and bogged down with 2gb of RAM. (I think it has around 500mb free on average)
    And Im sure this phone will be beast.... but Im just over all the "features" in touchwiz. They need to just make a good, solid, smooth, fast, phone with the features you will actually use. Not features like air gestures (pointless IMO)

But that is my only gripe. Id say this phone is going to be awesome. By far its the best samsung phone available.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

I was thinking this today, and after the note 2, I was annoyed with the size after awhile and with this being identical, and a course touchwiz and for some reason every samsung phone i have had always lags after a month or two and I don't root them or anything. I don't even use a lot of memory. I just think touchwiz is crap! Plus you look like a rod imo when you do if ever take pictures! lol
    Bnjf likes this.

Nope. The phablets are too big for me. The GS4 and G2 size is as big as I'll go on a phone. I'm sure the Note 3 will be nice though if the size works for you.
    GPilot650 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I hear you guys. My LG G2 i use app killer...and I always get 900mb or so free. I guess I shouldnt be worried so much about ram on this phone. I dont feel like its bloated at all after disabling all the ATT crap. I guess its more of a future proof thinking type of thing. I really dislike the use of irremovable batteries. Just cause iphones started it, doesnt mean its a good thing.

ah decisions decisions.

Nah, too big for me. When you put the Note 2 next to the G2, you immediately see it's more ungainly.

Nope, never even crossed my mind!
    lds01 likes this.

Actually got to play with one today (luckily) and I would seriously consider it. Not that I don't love my G2 but I have used the GN and GN2 and honestly the GN3 is worth the price they sell it at.

In a short answer no. I love my G2 plus I'm thinking the radios in the G2 are going to be better then anything Samsung uses.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    In a short answer no. I love my G2 plus I'm thinking the radios in the G2 are going to be better then anything Samsung uses.

Posted via Android Central App
    That's for sure. I've yet to have a Samsung (had 3) that had good radios. It's always been a source of frustration for me.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Yeahp, I would. If the Note 3's size works as well for you as it does for many others it'll be a tremendous extremely versatile asset.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"
    Live long and prosper.

Note 2 has good radio from what I see. Noticeably better than GS3.
    It seems Samsung makes everything better in the Note than GS line, but its size is not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Yeahp, I would. If the Note 3's size works as well for you as it does for many others it'll be a tremendous extremely versatile asset.

Of course since you don't own a G2, your response is a bit moot. I would think G2 owners are better suited for this kind of response.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdroids View Post
    Note 2 has good radio from what I see. Noticeably better than GS3.
    It seems Samsung makes everything better in the Note than GS line, but its size is not for everyone.

Yeah, I just can't see pocketing one of those things. It's really too big.

Short answer to the question, "would I trade if I had the chance" - Nope. I'm sure the Note 3 is a good device but if I wanted another tablet I would get one. Already got one so I'd rather have a phone. The Note series are just too big for me to use as a daily driver for a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by kkel19 View Post
    I hear you guys. My LG G2 i use app killer...and I always get 900mb or so free. I guess I shouldnt be worried so much about ram on this phone. I dont feel like its bloated at all after disabling all the ATT crap. I guess its more of a future proof thinking type of thing. I really dislike the use of irremovable batteries. Just cause iphones started it, doesnt mean its a good thing.

ah decisions decisions.
    FYI. Using a task killer is not good for android phones with no benefit. The OS is very smart and will take what it needs when the time comes. Some guy wrote a huge thing on it here at AC
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
    Of course since you don't own a G2, your response is a bit moot. I would think G2 owners are better suited for this kind of response.
    Well, its a strange question, kinda. "Are you less than 100% satisfied with the significant purchase you've just made and do you want a completely different class of phone? "

Many may not be willing to state that they may be less than 100% stoked with their new Phone

Yet, here I am using the same class of device as the G2, same basic usable screen area, etc., but I'm attracted to larger devices. Chances are anyone here could have chosen a Note 3 instead of the G2, yet the chose the G2. I would infer from that that unless something is really wrong, like power buttons falling off or something, most are happy with their G2.

So I offered a less "already known" perspective.

S IV
    Live long and prosper.

I think you'd find that size, or lack thereof, was the prime motivation for people to have bought a G2 instead of a Note...if they were ever actually considering a Note.

That would be a no. A big no.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

While I admittingly haven't read all the preceding posts it's a safe bet that most answers would be in "No, thanks." type for the reasons I explained above. The G2 is good phone and its a known quantity, you can go see one, touch it, feel its awesomeness, and buy it right now. You can't do that with the Note 3. Even for those that may for some reason or another be less than 100% satisfied with their G2 the Note 3 may not be the right prescription. The Note series is polarizing, that larger size is not for many. I think in the size class its in the G2 may be top dawg, edging past the One and my S4.

Live long and prosper.

Default Re: Would you switch to Note 3 in 10 days if you had the option?

Nope for me. Loving this phone way too much plus the size of the note is too much for me.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 10-03-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Easy for me to pick the g2 due to Samsungs inability to put a radio in their phones to make them usable.

Sent from my Big Red LG G2

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by rackumrack View Post
    Easy for me to pick the g2 due to Samsungs inability to put a radio in their phones to make them usable.

Sent from my Big Red LG G2
    That's an interesting perspective. I'm sure you're not the only one that feels that way.

Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    That's an interesting perspective. I'm sure you're not the only one that feels that way.

I remember Samsung having some of the best flip phones on the market but I tried the fascinate and s3 and the service was horrible. I like Samsung's UI and overall design but a flagship device should definitely not have any radio issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by rackumrack View Post
    I remember Samsung having some of the best flip phones on the market but I tried the fascinate and s3 and the service was horrible. I like Samsung's UI and overall design but a flagship device should definitely not have any radio issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    ...and you think it was more of the device and not the carrier? I imagine you had another device on the same carrier that gave you vastly superior performance. That's not the first time I've read that Sammy's radios are sub-bar but I've never had any issue with my AT&T or Verizon Samsung devices, just great reception.
    Live long and prosper.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast