Would you switch to Note3 in 10 days if you had the option?

kkel19

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So I have had the phone for a week and I am loving it. I have ATT Premier and return date is 30 days. If you had the option would you opt for a note3? My main concern is mainly battery. All my previous devices have had removable batteries. 3GB of ram also seems enticing.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So I have had the phone for a week and I am loving it. I have ATT Premier and return date is 30 days. If you had the option would you opt for a note3? My main concern is mainly battery. All my previous devices have had removable batteries. 3GB of ram also seems enticing.

The 3gb is necessary. It has even more features than the S4 which is laggy and bogged down with 2gb of RAM. (I think it has around 500mb free on average)
And Im sure this phone will be beast.... but Im just over all the "features" in touchwiz. They need to just make a good, solid, smooth, fast, phone with the features you will actually use. Not features like air gestures (pointless IMO)

But that is my only gripe. Id say this phone is going to be awesome. By far its the best samsung phone available.

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking this today, and after the note 2, I was annoyed with the size after awhile and with this being identical, and a course touchwiz and for some reason every samsung phone i have had always lags after a month or two and I don't root them or anything. I don't even use a lot of memory. I just think touchwiz is crap! Plus you look like a rod imo when you do if ever take pictures! lol

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Nope. The phablets are too big for me. The GS4 and G2 size is as big as I'll go on a phone. I'm sure the Note 3 will be nice though if the size works for you.

kkel19

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I hear you guys. My LG G2 i use app killer...and I always get 900mb or so free. I guess I shouldnt be worried so much about ram on this phone. I dont feel like its bloated at all after disabling all the ATT crap. I guess its more of a future proof thinking type of thing. I really dislike the use of irremovable batteries. Just cause iphones started it, doesnt mean its a good thing.

ah decisions decisions.

SSG_Gunz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Actually got to play with one today (luckily) and I would seriously consider it. Not that I don't love my G2 but I have used the GN and GN2 and honestly the GN3 is worth the price they sell it at.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
In a short answer no. I love my G2 plus I'm thinking the radios in the G2 are going to be better then anything Samsung uses.

Posted via Android Central App

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
In a short answer no. I love my G2 plus I'm thinking the radios in the G2 are going to be better then anything Samsung uses.

Posted via Android Central App

That's for sure. I've yet to have a Samsung (had 3) that had good radios. It's always been a source of frustration for me.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeahp, I would. If the Note 3's size works as well for you as it does for many others it'll be a tremendous extremely versatile asset.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Note 2 has good radio from what I see. Noticeably better than GS3.
It seems Samsung makes everything better in the Note than GS line, but its size is not for everyone.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeahp, I would. If the Note 3's size works as well for you as it does for many others it'll be a tremendous extremely versatile asset.

Of course since you don't own a G2, your response is a bit moot. I would think G2 owners are better suited for this kind of response.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Note 2 has good radio from what I see. Noticeably better than GS3.
It seems Samsung makes everything better in the Note than GS line, but its size is not for everyone.

Yeah, I just can't see pocketing one of those things. It's really too big.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Short answer to the question, "would I trade if I had the chance" - Nope. I'm sure the Note 3 is a good device but if I wanted another tablet I would get one. Already got one so I'd rather have a phone. The Note series are just too big for me to use as a daily driver for a phone.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I hear you guys. My LG G2 i use app killer...and I always get 900mb or so free. I guess I shouldnt be worried so much about ram on this phone. I dont feel like its bloated at all after disabling all the ATT crap. I guess its more of a future proof thinking type of thing. I really dislike the use of irremovable batteries. Just cause iphones started it, doesnt mean its a good thing.

ah decisions decisions.

FYI. Using a task killer is not good for android phones with no benefit. The OS is very smart and will take what it needs when the time comes. Some guy wrote a huge thing on it here at AC

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Of course since you don't own a G2, your response is a bit moot. I would think G2 owners are better suited for this kind of response.

Well, its a strange question, kinda. "Are you less than 100% satisfied with the significant purchase you've just made and do you want a completely different class of phone? "

Many may not be willing to state that they may be less than 100% stoked with their new Phone

Yet, here I am using the same class of device as the G2, same basic usable screen area, etc., but I'm attracted to larger devices. Chances are anyone here could have chosen a Note 3 instead of the G2, yet the chose the G2. I would infer from that that unless something is really wrong, like power buttons falling off or something, most are happy with their G2.

So I offered a less "already known" perspective.

S IV

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I think you'd find that size, or lack thereof, was the prime motivation for people to have bought a G2 instead of a Note...if they were ever actually considering a Note.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
While I admittingly haven't read all the preceding posts it's a safe bet that most answers would be in "No, thanks." type for the reasons I explained above. The G2 is good phone and its a known quantity, you can go see one, touch it, feel its awesomeness, and buy it right now. You can't do that with the Note 3. Even for those that may for some reason or another be less than 100% satisfied with their G2 the Note 3 may not be the right prescription. The Note series is polarizing, that larger size is not for many. I think in the size class its in the G2 may be top dawg, edging past the One and my S4.