LG G2 went totally dead

ONG CHEE WEE

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I need help with my lg g2. The phone suddenly went dead. Cannot be switch on. Used original cable to charge but still can't be switch on. Any advise? I tried to search online but it seems that no 1 is having this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lg g2 went totally dead

Try to force reboot the phone by pressing power and volume up buttons for 5-10 seconds.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

ONG CHEE WEE

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Tried it, not working at all. The phone don't have any response no matter I hold the power button for how long. And the phone is not charging at all.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

You held power AND volume at the same time like Sac suggested?

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lg G2 went totally dead

Have you also tried different charge cords? Also how long have you had your phone? I would definitely bring it back to the point if purchase

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like an electrical spike, which means the electronics are probably fried (ie your phone is dead). Take it back.
Was there a thunderstorm or anything at the time? Or maybe you have some odd arrangment with your electricals such as using a splitter on top of another splitter

Last edited:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This happened to my HTC One X. It was becasue i was charging it in the car while playing dead trigger. Went completely dead when i exited the game to check a text message, just shut off and wouldnt charge.

AT&T support store said it happens and to not use the phone heavily while charging it, just Maps or texting or something light.

Use your warranty

Dead LG G2

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
my LG G2 went totally dead just setting on a table overnight. Was not plugged in and battery was charged sufficiently for the night. Ug, will the new one do the same thing??

brutus3750

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Mine is dead also, tried the usual to wake it up. Had it since Dec 2013. Called AT&T and they can't do anything since it is fresh out of its 1 year warranty. Called LG and they said they would repair the phone for a price and of course he can't even tell me a ballpark figure, I just have to send the phone in and want 7 to 10 business days for an answer. This is some BS. I never had a phone just completely die for no reason. It wasn't dropped, no water damage or anything...just completely dead. I may try to crack it open and remove the battery to see if that helps.

amandaleena

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this problem too, sadly. Has anyone been able to retrieve their data. Because to be honest, I'm ok with needing to get a replacement phone, but I am definitely not cool with losing all my data :( I've got almost a years worth of photos on there, and I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE backed them up, but I didn't as I've never had a phone just die on me before.

MelissaSac

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site

Thanks SO much, SactoKingsFan! Your solution totally worked and stopped my personal meltdown in its tracks. thankyouthankyouthankyou

Awesomezoo101

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
I've had that with two phones now. One was from a month ago. One was from around a year ago. I brought in the month old one, and the guy said I have to use "official LG chargers". makes no sense, as i have using the other one without for almost the entire time i had it, but ya. I think maybe an bugged update, just a guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non