LG G2: Terrible battery (screen on time ) after Kitkat update

ludzilla

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I've had the phone for about a month and I have just recently updated it to Kitkat. Prior to the update it has been a fantastic phone. I am a heavy user and the phone would get me about 8 hours of screen on time. Now I feel like the battery drains almost two times faster. I 've performed a factory reset just after the update. I keep all the settings at minimum : sync disabled, led disabled, gps disabled, google voice disabled, no widgets, screen brightness at 0%. Sometimes I even keep the phone in airplane mode but still this doesn 't let my phone last the whole day. I 've took this screenshot just after waking up so the app usage is pretty low. Normally Gsam shows that the biggest drainers are apps and the screen (which is set to 0% brightness ) During the day under constant usage the battery drains 20% per hour. I 'd be grateful if you could suggest me any solutions Screenshot_2014-05-27-09-42-41.jpg
Screenshot_2014-05-27-09-41-02.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-27-08-59-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-27-08-59-43.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
But the screen shots shows using between 3.5 and 3.9 % per hour. Where are you getting 20% per hour?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

ludzilla

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Ive took the screenshots in the morning after the phone has been idle the whole night. During the day if I constantly use snapchat or some messaging app Ive seen the battery drain at 20 % per hour. Ive just performed another factory reset to see if it may help. Thanks for asking :)

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Typically any time you are consuming that high of percentage per hour it is an app that is not allowing you phone e to go to sleep. Install CPU Spy, you should see your phone spending a high percentage of time in "Deep Sleep". If you don't see that something is keeping your phone awake (and eating battery). There are various wake lock detection apps out there, haven't used on with KitKat yes, so not sure which one is the best.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app