Screen "wrinkles" after repalcment?

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, so. I dropped my LG G2 about a week ago or so and the front glass just shattered. I was very upset, thinking a screen was pricey. I was relived to see the price was only about $50 or so. So I ordered my new screen and replaced it, but my LCD seems to be "crushed" in the background. I took my phone apart once again to see the reflective sheet behind the LCD was bent in a few places, making my screen not flush. Is there a way to buy this material? Or will i have to get a new screen.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You probably could buy the material - by the roll, which would cost more than the phone. (Thin plastic sheet usually comes in hundreds of square feet to the roll for small rolls.) Buy another screen and be more careful this time. (This is why I advise people to not do their own internal repairs. Even not counting what your time is worth, buying 2 screens will probably cost about what a shop would have charged to replace the screen. And you only wrinkled a piece of plastic. If you had broken something on the motherboard, it would have cost you a lot less to pay to have the screen replaced.)

BTW, you could have gotten just the glass for about $20 and replaced it. That's all a shop would have done if the screen itself was working. It would have cost you about $50 for the whole job.

May 29, 2014
Visit site
You probably could buy the material - by the roll, which would cost more than the phone. (Thin plastic sheet usually comes in hundreds of square feet to the roll for small rolls.) Buy another screen and be more careful this time. (This is why I advise people to not do their own internal repairs. Even not counting what your time is worth, buying 2 screens will probably cost about what a shop would have charged to replace the screen. And you only wrinkled a piece of plastic. If you had broken something on the motherboard, it would have cost you a lot less to pay to have the screen replaced.)

BTW, you could have gotten just the glass for about $20 and replaced it. That's all a shop would have done if the screen itself was working. It would have cost you about $50 for the whole job.

I have come to the conclusion, it's not worth my time to get rid of a few lines, the phone works perfect, touch is spot on. I can get past a few small lines. Thank you for the input though, I'll remember that next time.