Possible fingerprint scanner?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been noticing the move to a round button on the G3 from the alleged leaks, and do any of you think it could possibly a fingerprint scanner implemented in the power button? Lets be honest, over the years, LG has copied what samsung has done pretty blatantly and so since the S5 has a fingerpritn scanner, it wouldnt be hard to believe they would want to implement their own.
Ik lots of people dont want a fingerprint scanner on their phone, but IMO the more options the merrier, BUT if it is there I do hope it works well and not like what samsung has done. If you dont want to use it, you simply turn it off. Plus with the button layout of the G3, placing the finger on the back to scan kind of feels natural, at least to me. Well what do you guys think?

shack-32

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Seems feasible..

But I rate LG will go for optical recognition.. Scanning your retina and stuff, but the fingerprint scanner may be on the cards

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Seems feasible..

But I rate LG will go for optical recognition.. Scanning your retina and stuff, but the fingerprint scanner may be on the cards
That would indeed be a nice feature to have, and would be game changing as no one has this tech available on a smartphone.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to hold my phone up to my eye to unlock it. Cell phone cameras certainly arent good enough to do it at an average distance. Then again you would certainly never text and drive again.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

shack-32

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to hold my phone up to my eye to unlock it. Cell phone cameras certainly arent good enough to do it at an average distance. Then again you would certainly never text and drive again.

Well that's what we thought about facial recognition... And now that we are seeing 5mp front cameras, I think it will be available within the next year

LightaDroid

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

lol that would be one way to have people stop texting and driving.
I don't think anyone would do the retina scan. plus it would be a pain to put the phone to you eye everytime you
want to text or email..

This Message will self destruct is 5 Seconds. (Mission impossible status)

- - - Updated - - -

but I would buy it just to say I have it.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully the copy from Apple and no do that ridiculous work around that Samsung is doing to make it look like they aren't copying apple. Get it done the right way LG!

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank god they did not include this feature, yes it seems cool and all but do you really want more of your information in the phone so that companies like google can have your fingerprint?

I see this feature is only to confirm that you are the user and there is no way to fight it if you say it isn't you because you swiped your fingerprint.

The less information we give them about us the better.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
They all copy each other, no different than any other technology. I hope their scanner is better than Samsung's garbage scanner.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch