Bought G3, Just got a OnePlus One invite

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Ordered one myself after getting invited to do so, I don't think I would have if it was an open option. I think the exclusivity plays a big part in demand. Nevertheless, I'm excited to compare the two. The one plus should have a better camera senor, but software might be it's weak point

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Having the One Plus and the G3 I will probably end up selling the One Plus. Overall it's a good device however with some pretty noticeable bugs including touch screen sensitivity, call quality, etc... I simply like the feel and design of the G3.

Posted via Android Central App

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Having the One Plus and the G3 I will probably end up selling the One Plus. Overall it's a good device however with some pretty noticeable bugs including touch screen sensitivity, call quality, etc... I simply like the feel and design of the G3.

Posted via Android Central App

So what did you decide.....are you keeping the One+

awtryau89

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me. I had the G3 and was loving it. I got the OnePLus and immediately sold the G3 thinking I would be much heppier plus saving some money. I ended up going back to the G3. The One was a better phone in most areas. Battery, speed, updates, Cyanogenmod 11s, etc. Ultimately it was just too big for me. The G3 does something no other phone can. It makes a huge screen phone feel like a much smaller phone. The One seemed twice as big in my hand and in use but its really only about 6mm longer. The G3 feels more premium as well and after having both, I can say the screen on the G3 is much better. Not just for resolution but you can easily see the digitizer on the One and the colors are just not nearly as good. The auto brightness on the G3 works much better too as I could see its screen better in bright sunlight. The Oneplus is a great phone. I think they would have done just a bit better with a 5.2" screen. In the same form factor it would have been smaller in the hand then you could use the capacitive buttons if you wanted to have more screen real estate.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I actually got used the the one. I figured if the only issue I have with the phone is 1mm in width and 2 in height, I'll manage. Granted, I'd still rather have a nexus sized phone I can't give up how great the battery and fluidity is on the OnePlus. Not even to mention the price and internal storage capacity.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The G3 feels more premium as well and after having both, I can say the screen on the G3 is much better. Not just for resolution but you can easily see the digitizer on the One and the colors are just not nearly as good. The auto brightness on the G3 works much better too as I could see its screen better in bright sunlight. The Oneplus is a great phone. I think they would have done just a bit better with a 5.2" screen. In the same form factor it would have been smaller in the hand then you could use the capacitive buttons if you wanted to have more screen real estate.

To each their own, however I disagree. Other than the easier in hand fit on the G3, the OnePlus absolutely feels more premium in hand. Also, I found the screen to be more enjoyable on the OnePlus outside of the resolution bump. Brightness as well as color accuracy was better on it, as you can tell by watching the LG G3 review by Erica Griffin on YouTube. The G3 attempts to mimmic the color pallet of AMOLED screens and in doing so is blowing out colors. Im not sure why the digitizer thing is such a concern, you can only see it with the screen off and the direct sunlight right on it. It really is a non-issue (and all LCD's have this) and should have absolutely zero pull in the choice of a phone. YMMV.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
What nonsense..,destroy your phone and we MAY send you an invitation to buy a $700 phone that has no microSD. UH.., no-thanks.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
What nonsense..,destroy your phone and we MAY send you an invitation to buy a $700 phone that has no microSD. UH.., no-thanks.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
I'm surprised how WRONG so many people, including the AC podcast guys when it was first announced, got that first marketing ploy.

You didn't smash your phone for a chance to win a OPO, you entered a contest for a chance to win a phone, which if selected would require you to smash your old phone on video and allow One to use it in their Smash The Past add campaign.

Those who actually read the entry forms would know they specifically said don't smash your phone until notified you were a winner. I guess the masses just couldn't grasp that fine point.

The contest seemed reasonable to me, but I had eligible phones laying around that are never touched, so I wouldn't have missed one of them. It would have been fun to see the creative ways people came up with to smash their phone. My plan was to use a bench vise for a slow crush.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised how WRONG so many people, including the AC podcast guys when it was first announced, got that first marketing ploy.

You didn't smash your phone for a chance to win a OPO, you entered a contest for a chance to win a phone, which if selected would require you to smash your old phone on video and allow One to use it in their Smash The Past add campaign.

Those who actually read the entry forms would know they specifically said don't smash your phone until notified you were a winner. I guess the masses just couldn't grasp that fine point.

The contest seemed reasonable to me, but I had eligible phones laying around that are never touched, so I wouldn't have missed one of them. It would have been fun to see the creative ways people came up with to smash their phone. My plan was to use a bench vise for a slow crush.

Everybody isn't wrong about how ridiculous the entire sales concept was and still is. Not to mention that the phone is a joke to begin with.

Posted via the Android Central App

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Everybody isn't wrong about how ridiculous the entire sales concept was and still is. Not to mention that the phone is a joke to begin with.

They were wrong about ******** how stupid it was to "smash your phone for a CHANCE to win the OPO."

That wasn't the deal. Anyone who thinks so is displaying ignorance of the facts.

Whether you like the promotional value of such a contest is a matter of taste. I really don't care, but try to get the facts correct if you're going to criticize it.

It's amazing how emotional people get over this OPO...

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
They were wrong about ******** how stupid it was to "smash your phone for a CHANCE to win the OPO."

That wasn't the deal. Anyone who thinks so is displaying ignorance of the facts.

Whether you like the promotional value of such a contest is a matter of taste. I really don't care, but try to get the facts correct if you're going to criticize it.

It's amazing how emotional people get over this OPO...

You need to get your facts right and read my post before you flame. You sound more and more like you work for these guys. Settle down and read before you keep going off. You have zero credibility when you continue to flame and rant.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me. I had the G3 and was loving it. I got the OnePLus and immediately sold the G3 thinking I would be much heppier plus saving some money. I ended up going back to the G3. The One was a better phone in most areas. Battery, speed, updates, Cyanogenmod 11s, etc. Ultimately it was just too big for me. The G3 does something no other phone can. It makes a huge screen phone feel like a much smaller phone. The One seemed twice as big in my hand and in use but its really only about 6mm longer. The G3 feels more premium as well and after having both, I can say the screen on the G3 is much better. Not just for resolution but you can easily see the digitizer on the One and the colors are just not nearly as good. The auto brightness on the G3 works much better too as I could see its screen better in bright sunlight. The Oneplus is a great phone. I think they would have done just a bit better with a 5.2" screen. In the same form factor it would have been smaller in the hand then you could use the capacitive buttons if you wanted to have more screen real estate.

Well, the G3 IS a premium device. The OP1 is nice but a G3 it is not.

The Note III