How did my G3 remeber a number I'd deleted?

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Having had the G3 for a month, every now and then it's throwing up some interesting stuff, so here's one from today...

I called number yesterday that I thought I'd only need once, so, having gotten the info. I required, I deleted it from my call logs.

However, today I needed to text this number again, and, having typed in the first 5 or 6 digits, it suggest the exact correct number to me above where I was entering it.

I double-checked, and there was nothing in the call-logs, nothing saved in my phone book, and no texts.

Not a big deal, but interested to know if anyone can tell me how this is possible?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The devices today can do some incredible things, right? Anyway I've never had an experience as you've described but I'm guessing you haven't powered down the device since that call was made and perhaps it doesn't purge the memory until the power has been cycled.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I came across this behavior on my Note 2 a while ago. Found out the dialer by default only shows voice call logs. I had to go into recent calls in the phone dialer, hit menu and select the option "View by", then select "All calls and messages". I was then able to see and delete everything from the logs. May be the G3 has a similar setup?

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I came across this behavior on my Note 2 a while ago. Found out the dialer by default only shows voice call logs. I had to go into recent calls in the phone dialer, hit menu and select the option "View by", then select "All calls and messages". I was then able to see and delete everything from the logs. May be the G3 has a similar setup?

Cheers. I did check for that kind of thing, but nothing there.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
It works like a clipboard. When you copy and paste things they get saved to the clipboard so you have the selection to copy and paste certain items. It works the same when you copy and cut text.

Sent from my VS985 4G

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
It works like a clipboard. When you copy and paste things they get saved to the clipboard so you have the selection to copy and paste certain items. It works the same when you copy and cut text.

Sent from my VS985 4G

Thanks, but there was no copy/cut/paste involved. I entered a number manually to dial, then deleted the call logs, and it suggested it when I started to text to that same number 24 hours later.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Exactly what I meant. Then I'm gonna say that's why/how the device remembered the number.

Sent from my VS985 4G

Ok. It's no big deal, but I would've thought deleting the logs and not having it on the clipboard should be enough for the phone to 'forget' it.

Posted via the Android Central App

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Although you may have deleted the number from your call logs the number is still saved within the device memory. It works similar to predictive texting looking for certain patterns. Hope this helps. ^DT

Hi,

Having had the G3 for a month, every now and then it's throwing up some interesting stuff, so here's one from today...

I called number yesterday that I thought I'd only need once, so, having gotten the info. I required, I deleted it from my call logs.

However, today I needed to text this number again, and, having typed in the first 5 or 6 digits, it suggest the exact correct number to me above where I was entering it.

I double-checked, and there was nothing in the call-logs, nothing saved in my phone book, and no texts.

Not a big deal, but interested to know if anyone can tell me how this is possible?

LauraWA

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Probably in cache. You can go to the phone or app through app manager tho clear the cache and then it probably won't remember it.

Posted via Android Central App