Rooting my G3?

BlackAztec

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Well to sum it up im really curious as to rooting my LG G3 but a few things concern me. Even though i have been researching and i do see quite a few things that are good, but the bad seem to slightly out-weigh them. Such as:

1. My phone may become "bricked" and i know my phone provider wont fix that or replace my phone

2.May allow for a huge privacy and security breach.

3.its incredibly difficult to preform and not worth the potential risks.

and a few others. But, its not like anything is essentially wrong with my phone. I actually love it but im curious to see what its true potential is. Can anyone give me a little insight into the matter? Better yet someone with a rooted g3 themselves would be great.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Answer #1, You can always recover the phone with LG mobile support tool.

Answer #2, Yes it can as it is a hack that takes advantage of a security hole.

Answer #3, It is really easy with towel root and you will be rooted in less than 5 seconds.

Note: Make sure you have "unknown sources" checked in security settings.
Go to towelroot.com on your phones browser and click on the symbol, this will download the app to root.
Install the app and then open it and click on the "make it rain" button.
You are now rooted, now just go to play store and download a super user app.
This gives super user access to other apps that need it.
Some apps require "busy box" so you can download that too if an app you download needs it.

There are nothing but benefits to having your phone rooted.

Imagine you bought a house and all the power panels are locked and you have no access to any gas or water lines.

With root, you have access to all that.

I rooted my G3 the day after my 14 day trial was up.

BlackAztec

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank you that was very helpful, but I have another question or two. Like, will this cause my phone to heat up? I noticed the battery goes down much faster when it is heated. Also does rooting have the same affect as jailbreaking in terms of "other"I noticed that when I had a jailbroken iPhone it had great add ons but, the "other" took up just about all my storage leaving unable to save quit a bit

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Your phone may heat up during heavy use, the G3 is known for heating up.
Heat does reduce the batteries life span.
I have never used an iphone or jailbroken one and do not know what you mean by "other".

BlackAztec

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
What I mean is that I noticed with jailbreaking the iphone when you downloaded a few tweaked and junk the part of storage called "other" would consume outrageous amounts of space almost all the space on the device. I was wondering if rooting and downloading custonizations and stuff will take outrageous amounts of space

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
What version of the G3 do you have?
2gb RAM/16gb Internal space
or
3gb RAM/32gb Internal space

Either way you could never run out of space with the G3.
The SD slot is capable of up 2T*
There are no such cards available yet so the phone is future proofed.
I can tell you that you could use this phone for well over 4 years and still have space.

I have a 128gb class 10 card on mine and the 3gb RAM/32gb Internal.

jhong1226

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Rooting by itself should not take up any space at all. Maybe when you add super su and busy box,even then they only take little space on your internal memory,just like any other app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa