Android 5.1 update

scott0121

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
This is a joke, im hearing that LG might skip the 5.1 update and just wait for Android M, if that's the case we won't be getting no big update until next year, this has really pissed me of now as I'm having loads of issues with the new lollipop 5.0 and now I know they will continue until next year sometime unless LG release the 5.1.1 update which is what i know most of not all LG G3 are waiting for, now they will be disappointed to say the least. Let me know what you ask think of this story.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This is a joke, im hearing that LG might skip the 5.1 update and just wait for Android M, if that's the case we won't be getting no big update until next year, this has really pissed me of now as I'm having loads of issues with the new lollipop 5.0 and now I know they will continue until next year sometime unless LG release the 5.1.1 update which is what i know most of not all LG G3 are waiting for, now they will be disappointed to say the least. Let me know what you ask think of this story.

Where are you hearing this?

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
What loads of issues are you having and what carrier on you on.
I've been running Lollipop 5.0 since day one on my G3 with no problems at all.
International, unlocked, non-carrier on AT&T.

Fred

<SNIP> this has really pissed me of now as I'm having loads of issues with the new lollipop 5.0 and now I know they will continue until next year sometime unless LG release the 5.1.1 update which is what i know most of not all LG G3 are waiting for, now they will be disappointed to say the least. Let me know what you ask think of this story.

scott0121

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ry, yh it's all over android headlines that LG might just skip the 5.1.1 update and just wait for Android M. As for what issues I'm having with my phone, it overheats really bad, certain apps crash and closer down, sometimes the screen can be a little unresponsive and also wifi doesn't work from time to time. I can't wait until next year for Android M when about of people are having issues right now with they're G3's which needs to be addressed. Ah yh sorry I'm on 3 network in the UK but handset is unlocked to all carriers.

laurencewo

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
This has only made news because of one comment from LG Greece (I think) in reply to a comment on their Facebook page. I wouldn't take this as being certain, it could easily be one misinformed employee.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
This has only made news because of one comment from LG Greece (I think) in reply to a comment on their Facebook page. I wouldn't take this as being certain, it could easily be one misinformed employee.

Yes, especially since it may just be the Greek market missing 5.1. This is highly speculated news that should not be taken as fact.

Besides, carriers will cause a delay that is unavoidable as well as lengthy. My G3 runs very well on 5.1.1 as well as the 5.0 variants. If you are this upset you should definitely look into flashing a custom firmware. This is the best way to get around delays.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
According to Verizon/LG corporate support, there will be a small update in the fall to fix the wifi sync bug. With the new android software coming next spring. I assumed it was 5.1, but guess it will be M after reading this. This is for the Verizon model.

milliman

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I found that most issues like overheating, crashing, and responsiveness are cured by a wipe and system reset. I never wanted to start over but I goofed on one upgrade by mistake and wiped everything. I started from a stock system unlocked and rooted and the phone works great. I have 5.1.1 on my Nexus 7, and I don't notice but a couple of differences on the G3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non