Apps and widgets, upper left tab

Dvir23456

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey fellows. I have the Lg g3 16/2 version if that matters, and I cant seem to have the widgets tab on the upper left when on the main apps page, you know when you press the round thing with the dots inside you go to the whole apps pages and you have apps on the upper left. I only get the apps thing, no widgets. I am using nova launcher BTW but it didn't show on the lg UI sking either. Just wondering what's going on with that and how to make it show. Cheers!

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Do a long press on a vacant area of your home screen. Does that bring up "Wallpaper", Widgets", "Settings" along the bottom?

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
PapaGary is telling you that, that is how you get at the widgets.

So, to add apps, do it the way you described, to add widgets, do it the way PapaGary described. Let us know if that worked for you (works for me, just added a widget a few minutes ago via Nova).

Dvir23456

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Sorry if there was any misconception but I meant how can I make the widgets tab appear next to the apps one. I know hot to get to the widgets. Cheers.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
That feature used to be available in older versions of Nova (as a separate Widgets tab beside the App tab). However, that changed a few versions back, so now you must long-press on a free space to get at the widgets. You could always ask the authors to change it back or give you the option to add widgets the old way or the new way.

I just loaded the default LG UI ("Home"), and the widgets tab is beside the apps tab; I'm only mentioning this because in your first post, you said that widgets didn't show there. Are you running Android Lollipop (v 5.x.x)?

Dvir23456

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
That feature used to be available in older versions of Nova (as a separate Widgets tab beside the App tab). However, that changed a few versions back, so now you must long-press on a free space to get at the widgets. You could always ask the authors to change it back or give you the option to add widgets the old way or the new way.

I just loaded the default LG UI ("Home"), and the widgets tab is beside the apps tab; I'm only mentioning this because in your first post, you said that widgets didn't show there. Are you running Android Lollipop (v 5.x.x)?
Hey you're 100% percent correct I am using nova launcher and while changing to the original ui it shows both apps and widgets. Thanks!