CellTheUltimateAndroid

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately i have a lot of buyers remorse with this device. I bought it at early may, when there werent that many smartphone options to choose from, so I chose this phone.
I bought the g3 mainly due to supposedly amazing screen, camera and because it was only £275 directly from amazon.
Also I was coming from an aged nexus 4 which i had used for more than 2 years so I was desparate for a new phone.
Unfortunately I regret it now.
There's nothing really wrong with my g3 but everything is so mediocre.
The screen is qhd, yes, but lg put weird haloes and sharpening effects i dont like, its not bright or colour accurate and it looks incredibly washed out, even compared to the nexus 5.
The camera is extremely hit or miss and also software is bleh.
Its reasonably fast, but not as fast as other 2014 phones.
Battery life is acceptable (3.5-4.25 hrs of sot) but again, the htc one m8 and galaxy s5 battery lives are better.
Even the price is meh since you can now get a galaxy s5 or lg g4 for only about £20-£40 more...
I should've bought a galaxy s5 or waited for nexus 5x/lg g4/moto x style/moto x play.
Just comes to show that patience is important.
I'm pretty sure i cant return it now, but if i can, please tell me how to.

Tumultus

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
You could try cutting your losses and sell it on ebay. I had the G3 for a day and returned it to the store next day. Tried the G4 in between but it didn't actually feel like an upgrade either to me. I am back on my Note 4 and happy.

The problem with reviews and other people's opinion is that everyone looks for different key factors in a phone. I know people that are completely satisfied with the G3 and the G4. Especially the latter has amazing camera controls in manual mode (which never worked out for me since I am a point-and-shoot kind of guy).

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I remember how excited we all were about the G3 in the early days of this forum. In those days, 1440p displays were a new thing, made all the more impressive by the G3's 5.5" screen in such a small-bezel device. Like all devices the G3 had its issues but on the whole there was a lot of love and enthusiasm for it....and still is. When I bought mine, it cost £479. Now, in October 2015, a well-known UK retailer is selling it at £249. That's a very good price for what is still a high-tech high-spec device.
Of course, the G3 is not for everyone, any more than any other device us. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
If you don't like the phone sell it now the longer you wait the less value it has...I got the Lg3 just a couple of months ago and I think it's a great phone, I would agree it's not best in any certain area, but in cost to value it may best buy right now. Decide what's most important to you and pick a phone with that in mind...try swappa.com. I've had good experiences with them.

G3 D850

Andy McAdam

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
My biggest problem with the G3 is how laggy it is in Google cardboard apps. I bought it for the 1440p screen but the gyro goes crazy in VR and you end up skipping around and making yourself sick. I have an S5 which doesn't have this issue at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo