Apps not installing

anon(9703723)

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
When i try to install an app that i downloaded from internet it does the install process but then says "app not installed". Apps from google play install just fine. I also have allowed unknown apps to be installed.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Any reason why you aren't installing from a reliable app source like Google Play or Amazon Underground? Be cautious when installing apk files from filesharing sites. Those sites aren't well-regulated, so it's a good way to get malware. Those sites also promote piracy, either directly or indirectly, which is a no-no here.

anon(9703723)

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
The app i was looking for wasn't in google play so i downloaded it from the internet and it didn't install. Then i tried to download another app from internet and it did not work either.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it wasn't in Google Play, then it's possible it didn't show up on your device because it's incompatible with your device. So manually installing the apk would only reveal its incompatibility. Try searching for the app on Google Play Store on your computer browser. If it shows up there, then you know it's incompatible with your device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95