To whom it may concern

Nipun Hazra

May 17, 2015
Visit site
First thing first. I have been watching almost every reviews coming on youtube about G4. But all those well-known guys like Pocketnow, Android authority, Android central, Android police, CNET etc etc never touch broadly a few issues. I have been writing on their page about some of my thoughts so that someday they can ask a poll or something that guys, do you want this??? These guys have good connection with different manufactures, right? people listen to them, watch them. They can change many things if they want, but they usually don't make a poll over some common guy's request, right? So here I am. I am writing 5 of my thoughts about LG G4 and asking you to support me by comments if you like any of my points and hopefully some very generous guy will bring a topic or two from here to the concerned guys.

1. OIS: LG made a big blow in their launching ceremony of G4 about the 3-axis OIS. But let's face it. All the video sample reviews & comparisons I have seen, S6's conventional OIS is far better than LG's. G4's videos are much more..what should I say...distorted as if someone is stretching the corners of the video from different angles. Even smoothness is not also as near as S6's. Brightness too. So is this just a gimmick or really G4 can provide better stabilization with one more axis by a little bit software upgrade by LG? btw what were LG people doing in the lab when they were comparing every single aspect of S6 with G4? Didn't they see the difference??

2. Wireless charging: Ok. It may not be as important as fast charging, but why to exclude it? Yah right now I want to buy a G4 with leather back. But after some days, probably some 3rd party companies will bring back covers with Qi-chip attached. Then what will I do?? I would prefer a leather back with Qi-chip, won't u? I heard that, that leather back is pretty costly?? so won't be it a wastage of money if those Qi-chip enabled covers are brought out? Why LG just doesn't insert a Qi-chip in those leather back panels b4 mass marketing??? Do it LG. You need not be 50$ cheaper than S6, rather insert a 20$ chip, still you will be 30$ cheaper than S6.

3. No manual video mode: Yah all the reviewers are upset saying that why no manual control in video mode?? I think LG can make it possible by software upgrade. But qs is will they do it? LG G4 shows that people from LG really worked hard for the device. Then why not a bit more? Come on LG, speak up. Will you do it?

4. Theme app: I think HTC One M9 has really upgraded the game of customization of stock android by releasing their theme app. Samsung also followed it in S6. Then why not LG? Yah theming probably still possible, but those are not as integrated or expanded as of HTC or Samsung. So is it possible LG working on it??

5. Accessories: This is for 3rd party companies. For the longest time, iPhone has been dominated as the king of smartphone photography with their pretty and powerful camera setup. So it's natural that 3rd party companies will build accessories for their camera more and more. Look these cool accessories below;
Schneider-iPro-Lens-System-for-iPhone-5.jpg
eba9_olloclip_iphone_camera_lens.jpeg
hitcase-iphone5-waterproof-case.jpg
iPhone-5S-camera-lenses-G01.jpg
iZZi-Gadget-Orbit-iPhone-5-Lens-Case-9.jpg
8dfc3cb8c19518f9_iphonecase.jpg
relonchlead.JPG

Yah there were a few smartphones earlier which were more focused on camera or for which developers found interest to work on, like S4, S4 Zoom or even S5 or Note 3,4. Like these ones:

galaxy-s5-olloclip-lens.png
51Vtek4lFLL._SY300_.jpg
Ztylus-ZGN-3-PR.jpg

Even look at this microphone too. This is also for iPhone..damn it:
iphone-boom-mic-260c.jpg

Yes I am not denying that there are kind of alternatives out there in the market. But they are either poorly built or not easily available. I am talking about quality accessories which are also affordable to many. G4 has come. So why not these companies initiating making products for it n bless us...... I really hope someone will request these companies to do so. Here are the names of a few quality product makers: Olloclip, Schneider, Hitcase, Relonch, Ztylus,, Photojojo etc.

Well guys, thanks for listening. Now please someone come forward and take some steps. Peace.

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I agree with you 100% especially with the manual video mode and ois

The 3rd party add ons would be great and believe it or not I was thinking about this too and was looking for a external microphone just last week for the g4... I know lg could implement having stereo speakers easily but they also could offer what the Lumina 1520 has too which is quad microphones for audio recording. Both I would love to see on say the g5 next year.

I guess it will take someone who has the ear of the higher ups at lg to do this so I am right there with you in hoping to get the ball rolling...

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
There often seems to be a gulf between manufacturers and customers. They must know what we want, but they sometimes seem uninterested in accommodating our wishes. Perhaps to some extent, it's down to cost, but not always, I think.

Posted via the Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
As far as accessories go, i believe the 3rd party business model only makes sense to them if they build the product with the most chance of return on investnent. Example being, 2 types of iPhones are released at a time now (iPhone 5c and 5s, then iPhone 6 and 6 plus), so manufacturing is easy and less equipment needed, therefore more profit overall. Same probably for samsung as them and apple are consumer top sellers.

Seems like it wouldn't make sense for them to create all new equipment for lower sellers (LG, Moto, etc) and focus on the top ones. Wish it weren't so and this is just my Theory.