I got mine too!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
There was a delay with customs but I finally received it today.

I would like to thank James Falconer and Mobile Nations again for this amazing device.

It's been 6 hours since it arrived and I can't put her down, LG once again has done a great job especially with the Display, comapred to the G3 it's much brighter and sharper.

I don't know what it is but LG nails the build quality, just imagine what if they went with aluminum. The Diamond back cover feels & looks much better than I thought but as i posted many times I'm after the Leather back. Too bad LG couldn't make it standard. The slight Flex on the display adds character.

As for the UI, LG is on the right track but it's the little things like placing the Buttons on the Back, the KnockOn, able to Customize the Home Keys adding a Pull Down button & Keyboard what makes the G4 one of my top picks today.

The Speaker is slightly louder than the S6/edge and thank LG for keeping them on the back, personally not a fan of Bottom mounted doesn't work for me when on landscape.

Sorry, I can't comment more on the Camera all I say is it looks amazing I would be lying if I tried to compare it to my Samsung Galaxy S6/edge.

I have a new daily driver. At the end, if one can produce a device like the G4 who needs Aluminum and Glass. :p. LOL

THANK YOU!

SHIFT_g4

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine too and I echo everything you said. So far I'm really enjoying the new UI. The subtle tweaks from the G3 are great. I've only had mine for a couple hours but I'm excited to keep using it!

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Also @bembol are you having any problems with the stock charging cord? My G4 seems to think that the one that came in the box isn't high powered enough, so I'm getting the dreaded "slow charging" warning.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick comments. I never cared much for metal or glass either.

Sent from my LG G4

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey Bembol was waiting to see you here, was only a matter of time lol

Nice comments & just wait until you try the optics on this G4 its badass:)

Posted via the Android Central App

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Also @bembol are you having any problems with the stock charging cord? My G4 seems to think that the one that came in the box isn't high powered enough, so I'm getting the dreaded "slow charging" warning.

I tried a 1a charger from a kindle just now and no warning. Did a different charger or cable make a difference?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
There was a delay with customs but I finally received it today.

I would like to thank James Falconer and Mobile Nations again for this amazing device.

It's been 6 hours since it arrived and I can't put her down, LG once again has done a great job especially with the Display, comapred to the G3 it's much brighter and sharper.

I don't know what it is but LG nails the build quality, just imagine what if they went with aluminum. The Diamond back cover feels & looks much better than I thought but as i posted many times I'm after the Leather back. Too bad LG couldn't make it standard. The slight Flex on the display adds character.

As for the UI, LG is on the right track but it's the little things like placing the Buttons on the Back, the KnockOn, able to Customize the Home Keys adding a Pull Down button & Keyboard what makes the G4 one of my top picks today.

The Speaker is slightly louder than the S6/edge and thank LG for keeping them on the back, personally not a fan of Bottom mounted doesn't work for me when on landscape.

Sorry, I can't comment more on the Camera all I say is it looks amazing I would be lying if I tried to compare it to my Samsung Galaxy S6/edge.

I have a new daily driver. At the end, if one can produce a device like the G4 who needs Aluminum and Glass. :p. LOL

THANK YOU!

SHIFT_g4

I like your signature change..... Lol

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Or try another outlet in the house

Posted via the Android Central App

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
@tardus I tried charging with my Z3 stock charger and there was no warning, it worked fine. I plugged the G4 charger into my Z3 and the Z3 wouldn't even recognize that it was plugged in.

@erwaso Right now I have both charges plugged into the same extension cord, so I'll try the G4 charger in a separate outlet next.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I am with you, I never could figure out why Apple decided to put glass on the back of the iPhone 4. I think about 60%+ of every one I knew had a cracked iPhone back. Now Samsung has put glass on the back of the S6. I think the G4 Leather looks sweet but if I get one it will be going in a case.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I just pre ordered for my daughter. Really like it! Considering buying outright for myself too.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I am with you, I never could figure out why Apple decided to put glass on the back of the iPhone 4. I think about 60%+ of every one I knew had a cracked iPhone back. Now Samsung has put glass on the back of the S6. I think the G4 Leather looks sweet but if I get one it will be going in a case.

I was just thinking that. I want the black leather G4, but I'd have it in an Otterbox Commuter/Defender case anyways so I'm just going with the plastic option.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking that. I want the black leather G4, but I'd have it in an Otterbox Commuter/Defender case anyways so I'm just going with the plastic option.

I was told that the Otterbox won't fit on the leather version.

Posted via Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, I was so excited I didn't bother with the accessories so I'm not sure. I will try it tonight.

SHIFT_thirty two S6

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Congrats bembol... I know you are jonesing for the leather,what's the plan for that?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Again I was so eager when I woke up this morning I couldn't wait for eBay so I drove an hour to Buffalo at Walden Galleria. LOL

I visited all the major carriers and no luck they just has cases and screen protectors. :(

Now I just placed my order...

on eBay. Brown leather. It should be up here in a month. :(

SHIFT_thirty two S6

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
After the first charge, today I got 5 hours, 23 minute of SOT.

Using Quick Charge right not, according to Battery Widget Reborn it should be done in 61 minutes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89