AT&T Backordered

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered in store on Sunday - shipped today via UPS with ETA of Friday. I just hope it doesn't get pushed back to Monday - UPS has been doing that to me lately...
So it seems as if UPS is giving 3 business days but FedEx is giving 2 business days for delivery. What's wrong with this picture and how does AT&T decide who gets what?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I talked to a very helpful rep from BestBuy today who re-assured me that my ATT phone would be ready for pickup on the 4th!!
I seem to recall that AT&T won't have them in their locations until the 5th. I'd be very surprised if BB gets them a day earlier than AT&T itself.

jkimrey

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
So it seems as if UPS is giving 3 business days but FedEx is giving 2 business days for delivery. What's wrong with this picture and how does AT&T decide who gets what?

My guess would be location in relation to the warehouse the device is shipping from, but that is just a guess. Mine is shipping from TX to NC via UPS BTW...

Posted via the Android Central App

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I don't know how they (AT&T) decide who gets why delivery service. I have gotten 2 day FedEx on my last 3 phones, maybe because I spend way to much money 💰with them every year 😀

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Now that I'm looking at the thread again I wonder if it matters where you purchased the phone? I had to purchase the phone at the ATT store because of issues with a Moto replacement I had gotten in the past and the store had to do some magic with my IMEI. I'm just curious if online orders went to FedEx and in-store orders went to UPS?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Now that I'm looking at the thread again I wonder if it matters where you purchased the phone? I had to purchase the phone at the ATT store because of issues with a Moto replacement I had gotten in the past and the store had to do some magic with my IMEI. I'm just curious if online orders went to FedEx and in-store orders went to UPS?

Ordered online, shipped FedEx. I wonder if that is right online orders FedEx store orders UPS. I don't ever remember AT&T using the USPS though.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ordered online, shipped FedEx. I wonder if that is right online orders FedEx store orders UPS. I don't ever remember AT&T using the USPS though.

Unless it's a typo (which is possible) they've shipped at least one phone USPS according to this thread...

Strawdawg2013

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Mine is in the post office in Ft Worth which is about 200 miles from here. Unfortunately, I am out in the boondocks and it will be here in two days unless the PO decides to route it all over the state like they some times do. Fed Ex is one day.

I paid a bill on the 17th and it got to Houston which is 300 miles away on the 28th. Never know with the PO

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine is in the post office in Ft Worth which is about 200 miles from here. Unfortunately, I am out in the boondocks and it will be here in two days unless the PO decides to route it all over the state like they some times do. Fed Ex is one day.

I paid a bill on the 17th and it got to Houston which is 300 miles away on the 28th. Never know with the PO

Good luck my friend 😀

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

If its west of fort worth....its gods country

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Daniel Biehl

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Pre ordered the plastic back on the 30th. Just got this email. I really hope they're being overly cautious with their estimation.

"Unfortunately, the items below are backordered. We apologize for this delay, but we expect to ship your order by June 27, 2015."

Neill Baldwin

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Pre ordered the plastic back on the 30th. Just got this email. I really hope they're being overly cautious with their estimation.

"Unfortunately, the items below are backordered. We apologize for this delay, but we expect to ship your order by June 27, 2015."

I just got the same email. I'm calling my local store and if there going to have it Friday I'll get it there and cancel on line order.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Well that explains why they used USPS for yours. Mine is shipping from Ft. Worth as well but coming to NJ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38