Disable slide to unlock when pattern lock is already enabled?

norbl

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I use a pattern lock and the security lock timeout is set for 30 minutes. I have the screen timeout set to 30 seconds. I have disabled the power button to immediately lock the phone. Every time I open my phone I still have to take the extra step to slide to unlock even though the phone is technically not locked. This is just an extra annoying step. Is there any way to skip the slide to unlock step?

Last edited:

L0N35T4R

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so. I've got a similar situation and have seen others post about it too

Posted via the Android Central App

Palluztab

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Yes there is!
I found out that this option is a stupid unwanted function that comes in with the new android upgrade, it requires you to (whether you want it or not) choose a minimum "lock/unlock" function.
I searched high and low on the net, tried all various fixes like clearing credentials etc, the only thing that is working (at least as of now...) is an app, free on googleplay: No Lock by BoD.
Just remember to set the unlock option to swipe before you install.
Set me free! Hope this helps ur frustration too!
Peace.

stevenkisor1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes there is!
I found out that this option is a stupid unwanted function that comes in with the new android upgrade, it requires you to (whether you want it or not) choose a minimum "lock/unlock" function.
I searched high and low on the net, tried all various fixes like clearing credentials etc, the only thing that is working (at least as of now...) is an app, free on googleplay: No Lock by BoD.
Just remember to set the unlock option to swipe before you install.
Set me free! Hope this helps ur frustration too!
Peace.

Thank You!! This has been driving me nuts too. No Locks solves the problem on my G4 and GPad x8.3.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87