i might've found a fix for touch screen issues possibly ?

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I might of stumbled on a fix for the touch screen response. Call me crazy or placebo but I'm noticing it .

So from a third party launcher, in my case nova, I added widget , shortcut activities and at the bottom has touch control areas. I checked off the full screen box after accessing it and so far I'm feeling a difference, at least I think I am.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 9785.jpg
    9785.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 364

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Didn't really notice a difference and if you go back into it the check box for full screen is no longer checked so Idk if it's actually doing anything.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Didn't really notice a difference and if you go back into it the check box for full screen is no longer checked so Idk if it's actually doing anything.

Yes I noticed this too. But the phone for whatever reason feels faster now. Typing feels better as well. The response on the screen for me just feels snappier.

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to access that via the stock homescreen? I have it on Nova, but I would like it on the LG homescreen as well.

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, I answered my own question. You can add the same widget from the Nova Activities icon on the stock home screen widget adding thingy.

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just don't feel a difference but I also didn't feel a difference with SGS either. This is what touch control is designed for though.

Attachments

• 1435429575526.jpg
    1435429575526.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 96

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Also in order for touch control to work you have to go into accessibility / motor & cognition settings and turn on touch control or any changes you think you're feeling is a placebo. If you have everything correctly turned on and the whole screen selected then the whole screen becomes unusable because it's meant to restrict usage of the selected area or the screen.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Oh yes, that makes sense. I change my answer then. SGS was doing nothing, it was also placebo.

I uninstalled it a while ago, and haven't had any touch issues.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Also in order for touch control to work you have to go into accessibility / motor & cognition settings and turn on touch control or any changes you think you're feeling is a placebo. If you have everything correctly turned on and the whole screen selected then the whole screen becomes unusable because it's meant to restrict usage of the selected area or the screen.

After further searching I saw what you were talking about with the restriction.. Really odd because it does feel completely different to me ever since doing this. So much so that I can't just blame it on placebo lol

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I have using my phone with SGS uninstalled for a day now, and have noticed NO touch issues. I guess it really was placebo.

What I've found is that SGS has improved the "double tap to unlock"; I say this because general app usage or keyboard usage was just fine for me, no problems. But I was finding that "double tap to unlock" was hardly ever working for me; with SGS it seems to be better.

Mind you, I should really try disabling SGS to see if the problem comes back at all.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
What I've found is that SGS has improved the "double tap to unlock"; I say this because general app usage or keyboard usage was just fine for me, no problems. But I was finding that "double tap to unlock" was hardly ever working for me; with SGS it seems to be better.

Mind you, I should really try disabling SGS to see if the problem comes back at all.

Mine came back. I'm using SGS again, lol.