Touch Input on Unlock

c2005

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site
On my s21 Ultra, I'm having an issue where when I unlock the device or turn the screen on, the device will vibrate anywhere between 2 and 15 times in a very rapidly (within 1-4 seconds, depending on how many times in decided to vibrate that time).

It doesn't do it every time I unlock. It seems random. I had recently got a new case and thought that was the culprit, but confirmed it's not with both a different case or no case - still happening.

I'm also noticing occasional spurts of haptic feedback when I'm just looking at the screen with no touch input.

Once, when the on screen keyboard was up when it happened, the keyboard fluttered up and down / on and off with these vibrations, leading me to think it's the screen believing it's being pressed.

I've cleaned the screen thoroughly. There are no cracks in it. I have no screen protector. I've also looked for anything lodged between the glass edge and frame of the phone, thinking something there could be causing inputs, but finding nothing.

I installed Nice Grab from the Galaxy Store, however it's not capturing these vibrations. Only actual app related vibration notifications. I also uninstalled third party launchers, just in case, but that didn't change anything.

Any thoughts what else could be the cause asides from hardware fault?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Reading through your post initially it sounded like it might be delayed notifications. There's a setting that alerts if nothing was checked when the notification came in, like a reminder. I could see that being some random number, randomly happening and only being when the phone is picked up or the screen is woken up.

This doesn't explain the other random incidents you mention. The one that is most disturbing is the one with the keyboard open. To actually have it flash and act buggy seems suspect.

The only thing I can think of is check the missed notification setting. See if it's on, if it's set to haptic only or anything like that. Then check your accidental touch setting. That would be for the seemingly random other touches. Maybe the keyboard glitch was unrelated, a trick of the eye or something like that...?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000