LGG4 Verizon users: Where is the album VZ pics in gallery!?

Cmo511

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
On all my previous android phones...if you got a pic via text and clicked it and "saved to gallery"...it would show up as a new album (usually named VZ pics or something similiar) with all the pixs in it that you saved from texts. I can still save those pics..but that album is not showing up in my gallery? I went into file manager and found the album called vz pics..so its in the phone..but just not in my gallery? Help?
This is also happening to some of my apps. In my phone..but not listed in app drawer. (I have to do a search for them?) So odd.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Gallery only shows files that were picked up during the media scan when you start, restart, do some media thing (like take a picture) or run an app like media.Re.Scan. It shows "albums" as the name of the folder the file was found in. Use a file manager like ES File Explorer to search for the file - then you'll know which folder it's being saved in (and what the "album" name will be in Gallery).

ellyenne

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I just tried this (downloaded picture from text) and it went into my Download folder on my external SD card and showed up in the Gallery.
I checked the Message app (its the annoyingly orange native LG Message app), and there is a setting for where to save-to. I selected SD Card. It also has the option for internal storage.
If you are using a different messaging app, it may have different settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa