G4 - Verizon software update 06-30-15

ellyenne

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Verizon software update 06-30-15

That's more information than I got. When I clicked on the "more information" link, it sent me to the Verizon sales page. NOT a good link.
Thanks for posting.
BUT I really wish they had addressed the USB connection failure problem.

Last edited:

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I "unbloated" com.lge.lgfota.permisson and com.lge.lgdmsclient and com.lge.ia and the System Updates option reappeared. Pulled the update and am loading now.

I know. That's why I asked if anyone knew which apk controlled the updates.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

So I got the update today and it appears to have improved the screen sensitivity issue. I was having problems opening my texting app (have it set as the 2nd app icon on the bottom right). Previously would have to tap it at least twice to open the text app. Now it is spot on.

Also had issues while browsing through chrome and G+ where it would register taps instead of scrolling and open up links or pictures.. or even worse, ads. Been testing since I got the update and no phantom taps yet.

Will be really nice to see how it does after a full day of use tomorrow... hopefully some better batery life as well.

David

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Using the touch screen control area setting, it ran much better even without the update. Not quite sure how to disable that tweak though.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=546117

If this is what you're talking about in regards to touch control area then it had nothing to do with helping screen responsiveness, it's actually designed to limit the area of screen used and you actually have to activate it under accessibility / motor & cognition.

Mjkelley3

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Ever since updating, my battery is dieing at a rate of a percent per minute! Anyone else have this problem? My screen is dim, I've restated a few times, and the phone is hot to the touch when on.

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Ever since updating, my battery is dieing at a rate of a percent per minute! Anyone else have this problem? My screen is dim, I've restated a few times, and the phone is hot to the touch when on.

I've notice faster drain, but not that fast. I did 3 hard resets and will give it a few days to settle down before I worry about it.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Got the update in the evening yesterday. Decided to factory reset the phone after that, because I had moved data from my T-Mo preview unit to my Verizon unit. Since most of what I cared about was on the SD card it was easy. 20 minutes and set up again.

Device def feels better overall. Touch responsiveness is improved big time on this build.

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

If anything, my battery life has improved since the update. Right now, the most vexing issue remains the screen auto brightness, which can't seem to operate as smoothly as my previous smartphones.

I hear a lot about the Lux app, but it has so many different settings. What are the settings recommended by those who use it on their G4s?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would try a factory data reset

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
my wireless charging sticker, that has been working fine i might add, now stops charging and the screen locks up forcing a restart after about 40% after this update

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Not good...I was curious if the update would cause issues with my wireless charging but luckily it is acting exactly the same as before the update.
I know it's mentioned to death but I would I do a factory reset. I can;t tell you the number of times a reset cleaned up update glitches for me.

my wireless charging sticker, that has been working fine i might add, now stops charging and the screen locks up forcing a restart after about 40% after this update

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
So did a FDR because of battery drain...now my home, pull down and recent apps buttons no longer work. Only the back button works. I've gone through the settings and am not finding anything. Any ideas?

Last edited:

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
That's interesting, and a bit unnerving.

But to quote the article, their wording is:
LG answered, that they were considering the fix for newly launched models only (aka the ones which are coming with Android L).

Implying to me that they would hopefully fix it for Android 5.x devices, like the G4.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Many LG phones have a serious vulnerability. LG says they will not be fixing except in future phones. Read the report here: http://www.search-lab.hu/about-us/news/109-security-vulnerability-in-lg-s-update-center-application

Posted via the Android Central App, HTC Evo 4g LTE ,on Sprint

You do not have to post this in every thread in the forum. If you want everyone to see it, create a new thread.

Not too mention that your posting this info in the wrong forum. LG apparently has said this does not affect the G4.

antonics

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
When I used to have the LG G4, I noticed that when you tap on default weather app that sends you to Accuweather site, the date of forecast was a day in advance and not present day. You have to tap on the left arrow to get to present day forecast. Annoying. Has anybody noticed this? I contacted Accuweather and they say they are only responsible for providing weather content. One has to contact LG because the app is a third-party app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch