It seems like there's a new bad LG G4 review every day.

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember reading one bad review about this phone before its US release. Now it seems I see a new one every day, and it's usually about lag and touchscreen issues which we're all aware of. How is it that not one pre release test unit suffered from these issues? Could it be related to carrier added software post LG?

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't have any of the issues.

It could likely be somewhat buggy software from LG or some carrier modifications that didn't work out.

I use the H815 version.

txsizzler

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Which bad reviews are you referring to? Certainly not professional site reviews. Yes, there will always be certain users with extreme expectations that will whine and moan, and there will be those who think its the greatest thing since sliced bread. Be objective, and take both sides with a grain of salt.

As to your original comment, I find that there are also a number of very positive user reviews to counter those with negatives. Just like any newly released devices, there will be a few bugs to iron out. That's why we have updates ;) .

I do think that LG pushed the G4 out quicker than they should have, but this is because LG knew of the looming threats known as the Note 5, a newer refresh of the iPhone 6, and the Nexus M. Again, updates will take care of the expedited release that this device saw.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Much like season 2 of True Detective, I think some people wanted to bash this phone before it even came out.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Most of the touch screen issues seem to be carrier related and mostly Verizon. Having had both the h815 and Verizon versions , the Verizon version is much worse, though the update should help a lot.

The only touch screen issue that a number of people are facing from different versions is the double tap to wake, which I had a problem in my h815 as well. Not a big deal as three to four taps runs well or there are other fixes.

The problem does exist though, in my experience. Never had touch screen issues in my other devices like s6,note 4, etc. Samsung just makes screens more sensitive. I can use my nail on Samsung screens. That doesn't work on my g4. But then there are people complaining how Samsung screens are too sensitive.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Last edited:

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I open a video review every night on youtube about the G4 so far the only bad review is from Flossy Carter but he clearly said he didn't like the G4 because he love fingerprint scan and wifi charging (that I found both completely gimmicks), most reviews only bad point is the plastic back being on the cheap side but once you use the leather one it's a very pretty phone

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I like my VzW G4 more and more every day. Just for kicks, I tried out a GS6 during lunch yesterday. Was even less impressed with it after getting used to my new device; the G4 stayed loyal to the characteristics that endeared me with Android phones in the first place. Right now, the only nuisance has been a choppy auto brightness and I'm not sure how to set the Lux app for the functionality I'd like (i.e. to be on par with other phones).

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't remember reading one bad review about this phone before its US release. Now it seems I see a new one every day, and it's usually about lag and touchscreen issues which we're all aware of. How is it that not one pre release test unit suffered from these issues? Could it be related to carrier added software post LG?

Well that is a slight exaggeration:D. The fact is these devices are very complicated to design and manufacture. There's an acceptable defect rate for hardware components, and tolerance for software bugs. There's also rogue apps that can wreak havoc. Most of us have close to zero problems or at most minor annoyances with our G4's. Have you seen this thread?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/541865-my-visit-s6-ac-forum.html - now locked, but you get the idea. Every phone has issues. On AC and other places we get to see a concentration of failure. And it's sad but that's one reason why these threads are so entertaining.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Never worry about negative reviews or someone's differing opinion about something YOU like.
If the opposing opinion makes you feel differently about the item or you twitch at night knowing someone doesn't like YOUR stuff.....well, ya got bigger issues to worry about.

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Well that is a slight exaggeration:D. The fact is these devices are very complicated to design and manufacture. There's an acceptable defect rate for hardware components, and tolerance for software bugs. There's also rogue apps that can wreak havoc. Most of us have close to zero problems or at most minor annoyances with our G4's. Have you seen this thread?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/541865-my-visit-s6-ac-forum.html - now locked, but you get the idea. Every phone has issues. On AC and other places we get to see a concentration of failure. And it's sad but that's one reason why these threads are so entertaining.

Oh yeah, admittedly it's an exaggeration. I guess I'm just sour because I'm one of the people who got a dud. I've gone back to using my 2013 Moto X because the lag on my G4 is unbearable. I've factory reset it twice and run it stock sans apps and it still lags. Hopefully and update with a fix comes sooner than later.
I have seen the "My visit" thread, and yes, there are always a certain number of devices that suffer from issues, it just seems to me that the issues the G4 is suffering from are a bit more prevalent than usual nit-picky complaints people have.
Have you seen this thread over at XDA: [POLL: Vote 4 Yours] Summary of issues peopl… | LG G4 | XDA Forums

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Never worry about negative reviews or someone's differing opinion about something YOU like.
If the opposing opinion makes you feel differently about the item or you twitch at night knowing someone doesn't like YOUR stuff.....well, ya got bigger issues to worry about.

Normally I couldn't care less about other people's opinions. The reason I care in this case is because I share their sentiments.

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
the G4 isn't for everybody.

edit: plus it's a fact that people will find LAG in any phone lol.

Thanks for your contribution. I'm not talking imaginary lag, or an app taking an extra millisecond to open. I mean, open maps, count to three and its open. Transitioning back to the home screen from the app drawer, count to three. You're right though, the G4 must just not be for me. "Lol"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinst-uk