How can I fix the error message: Unfortunately, My Places Engine has stopped.?

mcragun

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Error message: "Unfortunately, My Places Engine has stopped.

I'm hoping someone knows what this problem is. I'm running the LG G4 and recently I've had this message ("My Places Engine has stopped") popup about every 15 minutes. I click OK and it goes away but it's pretty annoying as it pauses me in whatever I'm currently doing. I've tried searching the internet to see what app it's tied to but no luck. I'm afraid I'll be doing a factory reset which isn't exciting on a phone that is 3 weeks old.
Let me know if you have any ideas on what the My Places Engine is.

Thanks

Claude Speed

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Error message: "Unfortunately, My Places Engine has stopped.

Places or My Places app is causing this!

Sent from my eSTAR CRYSTAL using Tapatalk

mcragun

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site

For anyone else having this problem, I was able to get rid of the error message by the following:

Settings > Apps > All >
I clicked on My Places Engine and did a Clear Cache.

I haven't had an error message since.

run3e

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
YOU ARE AWESOME!!
for months I've been trying to figure it out. I have the Note 5 and The error message on mine would come on every 5 seconds.
Thank you very much!

Wingerr

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site

I was curious about this and checked the apps but I don't see My Places Engine in the list.
It showed up as an item in location services as high battery consumption so i thought I'd check.

Posted via the Android Central App

Carl_L

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site

I was curious about this and checked the apps but I don't see My Places Engine in the list.

It's classed as a system app, so doesn't show up in the default list.

To see it from >settings>apps, go to top-right menu & select "Show system"

Edit, P.S: I wouldn't worry too much about being shown as high battery consumption under location unless it consistently shows it during the day. I'm fairly sure 'high consumption' just means a high % of total consumption since last charge. If, for example, you charge your phone before going to bed & then leave your phone dozing overnight, all the apps that want to know your location all start scrabbling for GPS as soon as you wake up your phone.

Problems can occur if you get an overly-tenacious app that just won't give up even if you're buried deep in the bowels of a building with no GPS reception. Don't think the built-in My Places is a problem though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana