Anyone figure out the mms download issues w/the LG G4?

Bret Rushton

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
anyone figure out the mms download issues w/the lg g4?

I was reading some other posts about msgs not downloading,
I've had same issues, not only did I go into a store here in Reno,and they had no results. But also used my 15 day replacement option. I was very specific in asking if I needed to change the sim. They said no. Unfortunately this replacement did not solve the problem I have tried everything. It seems like I never had this issue until the loli pop update? I also contacted LG customer service they wished me luck! Any help at all on this issue would be very appreciative

Last edited:

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
re:

Just out of habit, you do have Data turned on. I am using Textra now and no problems. But, with MMS data is required.

devilsfl

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
re:

I've had to use either Textra or Google Messenger... the stock app does not play nice with MMS. I contacted LG on Twitter and they claimed there was a network change on July 13th that might have fixed it, but their suggestion was to use Hangouts. Nice, huh?

nodzarf

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
re:

Same here. I'm using Textra due to mms not downloading on the stock messaging. No problems anymore. Matter of fact, I had a G3 with the same issue. Definitely a LG problem.

Posted via the Android Central App