Phone update! (Carrier: Telus)

Inspgadget113

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Just got a phone update this morning. I'm with Telus. Changelog said it helped with battery power, accessibility and something else I forgot about. Size was about 380mb. New software version is H81210f.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kr0m

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone update!

Well done Telus! Nothing for me yet on Bell's network... Still using software version H81210c.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

Same here with Bell and my LG G4 didn't get any update and still at version H81210c.

Now playing the waiting game.

Let us know if you see any major improvements please!

Thanks for posting this info!!!

Inspgadget113

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

To be honest I don't notice any difference at all but I'll keep an eye on things and report back.

caffeinated pants

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Is the stagefright issue fixed with this update? I haven't seen any official communication from LG regarding exactly when they intend to offer a patch for it (apart from promising the patch, of course).

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

I just got the update too and it doesn't say anything about the stagefright issue. For me on telus it says improved battery, improved charging and accessibility

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

Well yesterday I've sent a tweet to Bell asking for this update and they said that they didn't have any information about this update and when they will do...well we will received it on our phones LOL!!!

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

V10f seems to be the same version number that was pushed out to the H815, and it fixed the touchscreen and overheating issues.
Hopefully Rogers gets their sh8t together and pushes out this update soon also.

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

V10f seems to be the same version number that was pushed out to the H815, and it fixed the touchscreen and overheating issues.
Hopefully Rogers gets their sh8t together and pushes out this update soon also.

Where'd you get that info? Hopefully somebody can get the link and post the zip for us with twrp.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

I just flashed the Telus 10f KDZ on my Rogers version. I hate waiting for Rogers to actually come out with an update.
I'll let you know how it works out. Hopefully it didn't jam too many crappy Telus bloatware apps on I can't kill.

cribble2k

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

I just flashed the Telus 10f KDZ on my Rogers version. I hate waiting for Rogers to actually come out with an update.
I'll let you know how it works out. Hopefully it didn't jam too many crappy Telus bloatware apps on I can't kill.

You think that would work on my Bell h812 rooted G4?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

You think that would work on my Bell h812 rooted G4?

I just installed in on my non-rooted Bell h812 and it works great. No Telus apps installed as far as I can see; LTE still works great.

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

Nice!!!

I'm new to this Android world and I have the LG G4 with Bell also non-rooted...

Is it complicated to install this update on my phone?

Thanks in advance for replying!

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

Nice!!!

I'm new to this Android world and I have the LG G4 with Bell also non-rooted...

Is it complicated to install this update on my phone?

Thanks in advance for replying!

I was able to do it, and I'm not rooted.

You'll want to follow the directions laid out, making sure you do the "Normal Flash", not the "CSE Flash".

The only sticking point for me was that I didn't put my phone in "Download Mode" (I didn't see that part of the instructions!), but it worked anyways... I think it just made it take a bit longer, but I'm not sure. Here are the rather long instructions for putting the phone into Download Mode: LG G4: How to Boot into Download Mode As I said, I didn't do that step and still succeeded.

Note that it does take quite a while for the full process, including a rather lengthy "optimizing apps" (optimizing 1 out of 81... optimizing 2 out of 81... etc.) part.

You won't lose any of your data, and it doesn't install any Telus bloatware onto your phone.

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

I was able to do it, and I'm not rooted.

You'll want to follow the directions laid out, making sure you do the "Normal Flash", not the "CSE Flash".

The only sticking point for me was that I didn't put my phone in "Download Mode" (I didn't see that part of the instructions!), but it worked anyways... I think it just made it take a bit longer, but I'm not sure. Here are the rather long instructions for putting the phone into Download Mode: LG G4: How to Boot into Download Mode As I said, I didn't do that step and still succeeded.

Note that it does take quite a while for the full process, including a rather lengthy "optimizing apps" (optimizing 1 out of 81... optimizing 2 out of 81... etc.) part.

You won't lose any of your data, and it doesn't install any Telus bloatware onto your phone.

WOW!!! Thanks a lot for all this information!!!! Greatly appreciated!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer